Mac's an awesome vocalist

razoredge

Jul 22, 2007
OK, so I'm a newb to Threshold, having only bought Dead Reckoning and Subsurface recently. They are still receiveing steady play around here. As much as I liked them at first they are still growing on me. Anyhow the more I listen, the more I appreaciate the song structures and the meanings of various parts... but Macs voice... damn! he really got the job done and is uniquely identifiable.

So I just wanted to say that, its been on my mind, and yes I know he's no longer in the band. Its just really good music, top notch all the way around.

Yes, indeed. Mac is one of the best vocals I ever hear and I'm so sad because he's not in the band anymore. I miss his voice very much and know that Threshold would never have such vocals again, although D.Wilson is one of my favorite singers also

Agree with your Mac comments but I do genuinely believe all three vocalists have all hit the mark.

The revelation for me was hearing DW sing This Is Your Life - I couldn't believe it wasn't written with him in mind. Threshold songwriting seems to suit great vocalists and they have been lucky enough to have had just that

OK, so I'm a newb to Threshold, having only bought Dead Reckoning and Subsurface recently. They are still receiveing steady play around here. As much as I liked them at first they are still growing on me. Anyhow the more I listen, the more I appreaciate the song structures and the meanings of various parts... but Macs voice... damn! he really got the job done and is uniquely identifiable.

So I just wanted to say that, its been on my mind, and yes I know he's no longer in the band. Its just really good music, top notch all the way around.

The new Mac's group called SWAMPFREAKS: www.swampfreaks.com
Cheers!!:headbang:

I like all three vocalists so far. They all have that uniqueness, in my opinion.:)

Ahh, swampfreaks. Not my kind of music, but I'm glad Mac is back. He was supposed to sing for German power metal band Galloglass, but last I heard is they split up.

For me, Threshold started with and unfortunately finished with Macs departure.

Yep unfortunately for me 2.

Have seen them on the last european tour with Damian. He is a great guy for sure, but imo it is nowhere near the quality, vocalwise, as was with Mac.

Too bad. Maybe he'll return someday. Maybe not.

Maybe I get used to Damian's voice when they record some new stuff, so there is no comparison...and maybe not.

For whatever it's worth, the day Mac left was a great day for me as it ended up allowing my favorite vocalist ever the opportunity to step in and bring back the memories from the past. Damian was made for Threshold and I am ecstatic that he is back with them and I was afforded the opportunity to finally see him live at Prog Power a few years ago.:kickass:
The icing on the cake for me would be a new album with Damian and a live DVD!

By the way, just received the box set yesterday and can't wait to listen; great packaging:headbang: