Made of Metal EZX price reduced

Thanks! I was gonna pull the trigger on this at the 49.99 but you just saved me $16! I'll buy you a beer if you ever come to San Diego…..

yeah I wanna pull the trigger on this but as I am equally cheap, I don't have EZD2 yet. As far as I know this will work with SD2 won't it?

Yep, it does.

re: the MIDI, it is a little sparse, but it's sort of a trade off for how awesome everything else about it is. Can't tell you how great it is to be able to manipulate the relative volume of individual mics so you don't wind up with a wooly, roomy kick. Unless you want one, anyway. The best MIDI pack so far was actually the Metal! EZX- lots of different styles, tempos, fills, blasts, carpet rolls, etc. The Dirk ones are good but it's basically the exact same three beats at 4-5 tempos.

re: the MIDI, it is a little sparse, but it's sort of a trade off for how awesome everything else about it is. Can't tell you how great it is to be able to manipulate the relative volume of individual mics so you don't wind up with a wooly, roomy kick. Unless you want one, anyway. The best MIDI pack so far was actually the Metal! EZX- lots of different styles, tempos, fills, blasts, carpet rolls, etc. The Dirk ones are good but it's basically the exact same three beats at 4-5 tempos.

Good to know, I'll pick up the Metal! then. Nice to have some well-played midi when you are in the initial stage of creating.

Haven't had a chance to even check out the sounds yet...hope to play with it soon. I love Metal machine so if it is able to compete with that I'll be a very happy guy.

I don't have EZ Drummer 2, but I do have Superior Drummer 2. The EZX's from EZD2 can be used in SD2, right?

I think I remember reading that it's possible, but I wanted to make sure that I wasn't remembering a figment of my imagination.

Good to know, I'll pick up the Metal! then. Nice to have some well-played midi when you are in the initial stage of creating.

Haven't had a chance to even check out the sounds yet...hope to play with it soon. I love Metal machine so if it is able to compete with that I'll be a very happy guy.

If I were you, I'd buy Made of Metal for the kit and just the Metal! MIDI- they sell the EZX midi packs separate from the kit as well. I'm recommending that because there's one amazing default kit in Metal! and the other ones are absolute garbage.

If I were you, I'd buy Made of Metal for the kit and just the Metal! MIDI- they sell the EZX midi packs separate from the kit as well. I'm recommending that because there's one amazing default kit in Metal! and the other ones are absolute garbage.

I thought about that, but there isn't much difference in price between the midi and the whole package once the price drops to $39 and then you buy it at audiodeluxe.com for $33. Might as well get it just to play around with.

thanks John. grabbed it this morning.

one quick note for those yet to buy, don't expect a download link immediately after purchase. apparently Audiodeluxe handles all orders manually - so it took about an hour or so for me to get the email with license. after that a breeze. one other quick note, i noticed in the description for it that it required Superior Drummer 2.4.0. i was only at 2.3, so went out to my Toontrack account and grabbed the 2.4.3 update. i tend to forget Toontrack offers updates to everything you buy from time to time. i updated everything i got, including MetalMachine and related midi.