Made of Metal EZX price reduced

Rock Solid is absolute dogshit. It's a mediocre sounding kit done up with some one-shot samples that you can find online easily and smashed together via ridiculous parallel compression that's out of phase with the original kit.

Rock Solid is absolute dogshit. It's a mediocre sounding kit done up with some one-shot samples that you can find online easily and smashed together via ridiculous parallel compression that's out of phase with the original kit.

Then I guess I'm done spending money on Toontrack this month.. :D
I'd love to know what the one shot samples are, since I think my biggest issue with a sound is finding the right snare..

Then I guess I'm done spending money on Toontrack this month.. :D
I'd love to know what the one shot samples are, since I think my biggest issue with a sound is finding the right snare..

Don't rule out the standard Avatar kit that comes with SD2. There are a couple of snares that are gems in there, like the 6.5x14" GMS Nir-Z Custom.

Don't rule out the standard Avatar kit that comes with SD2. There are a couple of snares that are gems in there, like the 6.5x14" GMS Nir-Z Custom.

Can't afford SD2. :/
The EZX packs are like $29 each now, most of them, it's a bit more managable.
But I'm sure there will be a sale on SD2, but when I can afford it, there's probably a SD3.

I still like the sound of the Rock Solid snares. :O

I think my problem with Avatar is that it's just so common these days - I've heard that exact snare on like 30 productions and it's so distinctively Avatar that it pulls me out of the mix a bit. It's like recognizing re-used footage in a movie or something.

I know a lot of people here use AudioDeluxe (I use it way more than any other site myself) but Sweetwater also has the EZX's for $39 and you get the serial immediately, as opposed to waiting with AudioDeluxe. Both are cool and have great deals, though.

What's the verdict on Metal! EZX?

I got it when it first came out. The default Lewis kit (Big Crack kit I think it's called) is pretty cool; I dig the kick on that one. I thought the Bergstrand kits would be cool for some stonery-doom stuff, but I never ended up using them on anything.

Ultimately, I'd say it's not worth it. MoM slays Metal! IMO

Yeah, the Lewis kit mentioned a couple of times now does sound good.
Right now, until the end of May, the packs are on sale here, so I'm considering getting one more pack.
The MIDI is also a pretty good reason to get them (the MIDI packs themselves cost almost as much as the sale on the sample packs).

I'm mostly looking for a sound that would suit something alternative rock/metal.
Not sure about which snare sound fits the most..

Well, the only thing that I can recommend is the Nashville EZX snares. They sound great and I think that they would work for the genre you mentioned.

Nashville sound great.

Metal Machine isn't too bad either.

I don't like this pack here, though. Sounds like a step back from their previous work, just when you would expect that they raise the bar with the first EZX for EZDrummer 2.0.

Bought it a few days ago. Very happy with it so far. Room sound quality is great! I was sick of the Metal Foundry sounds, this is great - although not quite as versatile but who cares for the price.

Bought it a few days ago. Very happy with it so far. Room sound quality is great! I was sick of the Metal Foundry sounds, this is great - although not quite as versatile but who cares for the price.
I find Metal Foundry's shells unusable. The only thing that SDX is good for is the cymbals.

The only use I see in the shells from Metal Foundry is to get the piccolo snare tone you can find in brutal death metal, but apart from that...

The only use I see in the shells from Metal Foundry is to get the piccolo snare tone you can find in brutal death metal, but apart from that...
That's the thing with those snares...no body to them. In my opinion, the MF snares are absolute crap.