Magic: The Gathering (aka the Dork thread)

Yeah boxes of older sets are expensive as fuck nowadays. And they will only get moreso as supply dwindles.

Fallen Empires/Homelands are still cheap as fuck considering what some other sets go for

stuff from the Urza's block is around 700+ for booster boxes

even more 'recent' sets like original Innistrad and Zendikar are around 300~500

I should have bought boxes of Onslaught and Odyssey when they were still new. Best Magic blocks.

Well no shit theyre cheap compared to big names like Urza's block. Fuck those were $500+ sealed when I was in high school.

I cant believe the price of Coldsnap boxes... fuck man my cousin was a judge back in the day. She was usually a cunt about it but right around the time Coldsnap came out she did a whole weekend of judging for which they gave her 2 sealed boxes as payment for whatever reason. She didnt like the set and sold them to my dad for $50ea to give to me for my birthday or christmas or whatever that year.

And yeah. Those sets were great. I really liked Mirrodin too, even though it started the downfall of the game imo.

So apparently 93-94 Magic is an unofficial casual format now, much like EDH or Pauper. Basically Alpha through Fallen Empires.

After how shitty shit Magic has been the past decade I think I can get behind this.

Putting the last of my MTG collection up for sale. Basically 2 EDH decks and 3 constructed decks of what used to be Standard and now Modern. I sold about 2000 cards about 2 months ago and it was a mix of old and new. I don't have any interest in playing anymore and haven't played MTG with anyone in over 2 years.