Maiden-N. American Tour Dates!

Jasonic said:
I think they need to work out all the kinks with the DEATH ON THE ROAD DVD first... :lol: I think I read a while back that they were indeed working on the History Vol 2. The first one was great. Possibly my favorite metal DVD of all time.
I haven't yet seen the DOTR DVD. Is it really that bad? Can't wait to see the next biographical installment! Part 1 rated a 9/10 with me.

Rather than argue about Bullet for My Valentine with the rest of you, I'm just going to sit and cry that they're skipping the south. Oh...why so close to ProgPower? I can't afford another trip....

Edit: Hmmm...now wait a minute. My brother's girlfriend lives out in California....this might be an expensive year.

I don't know why everyone is so surprised they're not playing any shows in the south... they hardly ever play shows in the south.

... Meanwhile, there are 4 shows within 90 minutes of me... Muhahahaha... :lol: :Smug:

Sumeet said:
I don't know why everyone is so surprised they're not playing any shows in the south... they hardly ever play shows in the south.

... Meanwhile, there are 4 shows within 90 minutes of me... Muhahahaha... :lol: :Smug:
They should at least play ATL or NSH.

7thSaviour said:
They should at least play ATL or NSH.

Perhaps they should, but they haven't for probably over 10 years, so it should hardly come as a surprise that they aren't this time. Rod Smallwood just doesn't seem to dig booking US dates south of DC and east of Texas.

On the plus side, you can still drive several hours for a show... so you're still better off than some people who are *really* south (i.e., Australia), where they haven't played in just as long... :) o_O

AngraRULES said:
...And nothing you ever say will cause any type of reaction inside my underwear lol. And they're not panties.

No, of course not, the panties you wear on your head! :)

I could WALK to the show from work in IL, but as my schedule stands now, looks like that is a work night from 3-11:30pm :mad:

J-Dubya

7thSaviour said:
I haven't yet seen the DOTR DVD. Is it really that bad? Can't wait to see the next biographical installment! Part 1 rated a 9/10 with me.

I haven't seen it. I think some were released and then quickly pulled from the shelves due to production problems.

[QUOTE=Sumeet]Perhaps they should, but they haven't for probably over 10 years, so it should hardly come as a surprise that they aren't this time. Rod Smallwood just doesn't seem to dig booking US dates south of DC and east of Texas.

On the plus side, you can still drive several hours for a show... so you're still better off than some people who are *really* south (i.e., Australia), where they haven't played in just as long... :) o_O[/QUOTE]

That's easy for you to say, considering that you conveniently live in New Jersey. After the show, you can be home the same night, and don't have to worry about travel expenses (GA$ & Hotel). I would have to take at least 2 days off to catch a show in Chicago.

Besides, IM is not the only band that doesn't tour the South anymore. I wish we weren't so discrimated against.

As for opening acts, I don't think they are necessary Iron Maiden. The band has a large enough discography to cull from. They sould do a double set with an intermission, just like Rush did on their last 2 tours.

Like they would come to md/dc/va. HA! Looks like this time around I may not be able to pass up the pilgrimage for the gods! MAIDENNNNNNNNN!!! UP THE FUCKING IRONS! :D

IRON MAIDEN North American tour dates:

Oct. 04 - New England Dodge Music Center - Hartford, CT
Oct. 06 - Agganis Arena - Boston, MA
Oct. 07 - Tweeter Center At the Waterfront - Camden, NJ
Oct. 09 - Colisee Pepsi Arena - Quebec City, QC
Oct. 10 - Bell Centre - Montreal, QC
Oct. 12 - Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum - Uniondale, NY
Oct. 13 - Continental Airlines Arena - East Rutherford, NJ
Oct. 16 - Air Canada Centre - Toronto, ON
Oct. 17 - Palace of Auburn Hills - Auburn Hills, MI
Oct. 18 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL
Oct. 21 - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre - Irvine, CA
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Looks like another road trip for James and myself to see Maiden since they're not hitting the south once again..... The last two times we saw them we went to NYC and Phoenix.
Anybody have any good comments about these venues, which would be the best?????? (With the exception of Canada.)

I checked out BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE and they're not bad at all. Of course I'd prefer BEYOND FEAR or something like that. But, dumbass name aside, they are more than tolerable. Flame me if you must, but this is my story and I'm sticking to it.

Metal Zealot said:
That's easy for you to say, considering that you conveniently live in New Jersey. After the show, you can be home the same night, and don't have to worry about travel expenses (GA$ & Hotel). I would have to take at least 2 days off to catch a show in Chicago.

Agreed, it is easy for me to say. But really, that's about the only "convenient" thing about living in New Jersey. :lol: I guess it's all relative... you have to take 2 days off... someone in Australia has to take a week off and fly to Japan or something! o_O

Metal Zealot said:
Besides, IM is not the only band that doesn't tour the South anymore. I wish we weren't so discrimated against.

Heh... I don't think bands are sitting around going "fuck those southern motherfuckers... we're going to ignore them!". I think a lot of bands feel that the south is more of a country music territory, and is not the place to draw the biggest metal crowds. I wouldn't know personally, but I imagine they're basing their decisions on past experience.

Metal Zealot said:
As for opening acts, I don't think they are necessary Iron Maiden. The band has a large enough discography to cull from. They sould do a double set with an intermission, just like Rush did on their last 2 tours.

That would be cool, but I don't see Iron Maiden doing that. They have a certain rhythm and energy to their live shows. Their sets usually approach 2 hours anyway, and playing an ultra-long set doesn't seem like something they're into.

Kathy said:
IRON MAIDEN North American tour dates:

Oct. 04 - New England Dodge Music Center - Hartford, CT
Oct. 06 - Agganis Arena - Boston, MA
Oct. 07 - Tweeter Center At the Waterfront - Camden, NJ
Oct. 09 - Colisee Pepsi Arena - Quebec City, QC
Oct. 10 - Bell Centre - Montreal, QC
Oct. 12 - Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum - Uniondale, NY
Oct. 13 - Continental Airlines Arena - East Rutherford, NJ
Oct. 16 - Air Canada Centre - Toronto, ON
Oct. 17 - Palace of Auburn Hills - Auburn Hills, MI
Oct. 18 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL
Oct. 21 - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre - Irvine, CA
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Looks like another road trip for James and myself to see Maiden since they're not hitting the south once again..... The last two times we saw them we went to NYC and Phoenix.
Anybody have any good comments about these venues, which would be the best?????? (With the exception of Canada.)

Hmmm... looks like "Oct. 07 - Tweeter Center At the Waterfront - Camden, NJ" is the closest one to you. It's a nice venue, good sound and sightlines in general. Camden is right next to Philadelphia, so it's probably about a 13 hour drive from Atlanta. you basically take the interstate the whole way (85 North then 95 North).

Go Allstate arena. Huge venue and, visit chicago while you are there. Its about a 14 hour drive from Atlanta area... but yeah.