Maiden-N. American Tour Dates!

Angrafan said:
for the Floridians who have been longer than me:

Have they EVER played Florida? They never even get close to us... And at this point I am not willing to Travel to see Maiden...
Yes, they played at least one date in FL on pretty much every tour from Number thru X Factor.

Thanks for the tips Sumeet and Cheiron. Much appreciated!!! We would definitely fly though. Will have to check out how close the airports are to the venues....

Kathy said:
Thanks for the tips Sumeet and Cheiron. Much appreciated!!! We would definitely fly though. Will have to check out how close the airports are to the venues....

Kathy,
I'm from the Chicago area originally, and work in Rosemont. I can tell you that the Rosemont, IL show takes place just a couple miles from the airport.
The venue is ok, not the greatest acoustics in the world, but not horrible by indoor arena standards. Hotels are a little pricey in the immediate area, but aren't as bad a town or 2 over...

J-Dubya

Kathy said:

If you're flying anyway, why not just go the place where you can get the cheapest flight? :) Most of the venues have airports reasonably close by...

The South usually gets skipped I imagine because of distances. While the 4th largest city is here, one can go from California through a number of major markets until you hit the Northeast and play for 3 times as many people in "X" amount of days as you would by spending 12 hours to drive east across texas to hit Houston, or perhaps the more tolerable 7 hours to San Antonio or Dallas. The south has some big cities, but they are few and far between. And it sucks.

J-Dubya 777 said:
Kathy,
I'm from the Chicago area originally, and work in Rosemont. I can tell you that the Rosemont, IL show takes place just a couple miles from the airport.
The venue is ok, not the greatest acoustics in the world, but not horrible by indoor arena standards. Hotels are a little pricey in the immediate area, but aren't as bad a town or 2 over...

J-Dubya

Appreciate the info J-Dubya. Which airport would that be???

Cheiron said:
Go Allstate arena. Huge venue and, visit chicago while you are there. Its about a 14 hour drive from Atlanta area... but yeah.

I will be there!!! Allstate is not what I would call a HUGE arena though.
I think it holds 18,000. United Center is a HUGE arena in Chicago.

Emerald Sword said:
I checked out BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE and they're not bad at all. Of course I'd prefer BEYOND FEAR or something like that. But, dumbass name aside, they are more than tolerable. Flame me if you must, but this is my story and I'm sticking to it.

Stick to it all you want.
No Maiden fan is happy with this choice as an opener.

Jasonic said:
Is that sarcasm, or are you seriouS?
I'm serious, and I am also a major Maiden fan. Trivium would have also been a great choice. I saw Bullet open for Zombie and they ruled! 10/10 Dead serious! They are metalcore Maidenesque through and through.:headbang: :kickass:

longshot9 said:
Bummer there's no NoCal show, hope they do more dates later on.

I know that totally blows... But frankly there are a lot of concerts I'd rather go to before Maiden... (I never would have said that in the eighties..heh!):zombie: