Maiden - North America 2010

yep around 10 years after Piece of Mind :)

Some people just wont like DT simply... because

They should kick it pretty hard opening for Maiden a great combination for a concert IMO.

Anyhow I figured this date list would be as it is, Im NOT going to NYC and deal with all that goes with it. Was bad enough getting into and out of Albany for Metallica. CD player plays Maiden just fine and trouble free.

I saw DT open for Maiden at Parc Des Princes in Paris on the Early Days tour... was a good bill. They were touring Octavarium at that point if I recall... certainly they did Panic Attack anyway.

I always find DT albums hit and miss... not a big fan of keyboards and LaBrie's voice grates on me after a while. But still a much better choice than many Maiden openers I have seen.

Let's see about the openers (in my experience).

1988: Guns and Roses - Axl was drunk but the band was still ok.
2000: Halford & Queensryche - No problems.
2004: Arch Enemy - boring, one note and a complete waste of time.
2006: Bullet For My Valentine - even worse than Arch Enemy
2008: Lauren Harris - 'Arry's a great dad but I'd like to know how much merchandise was bought during LH's set. Butchering UFO :mad: was not good.
2010: Dream Theater: YES! YES! YES! After 10 years real musicians :headbang:

Well "Piece Of Mind" destroys everything Maiden, Dream Theater, White Wizzard and Holy Grail combined has done, do or will do after 1984 :worship:

No. But "Images And Words" does :D

Are we having fun or what? :heh:

Piece of Mind was a significant impacting piece of work

but

I&W matches it in that respect

PoM slays but not everything since
I&W slayed me most in well over a decade (since Dixie Dregs Freefall mid 70's) but I've always been a prog head and was thirsting for the connection they made and didnt even know it until there it was... IN MY FACE, the ultimate instrumental metal plus more

So yeah for me this is like the ultimate line up but I's still aint a goin ta NYC

Wasnt their a gigantour that had DT SX FW Queensryche and Megadeth or do I have a progpower and gigantour combined and screwed up in my head ? Such a show would leave me bled out quivering on the ground... throw Savatage and Maiden in there, take it back about 12 years and forgetabout it... done, with my boots on... call the Priest !

Piece of Mind was a significant impacting piece of work

but

I&W matches it in that respect

PoM slays but not everything since
I&W slayed me most in well over a decade (since Dixie Dregs Freefall mid 70's) but I've always been a prog head and was thirsting for the connection they made and didnt even know it until there it was... IN MY FACE, the ultimate instrumental metal plus more

So yeah for me this is like the ultimate line up but I's still aint a goin ta NYC

Wasnt their a gigantour that had DT SX FW Queensryche and Megadeth or do I have a progpower and gigantour combined and screwed up in my head ? Such a show would leave me bled out quivering on the ground... throw Savatage and Maiden in there, take it back about 12 years and forgetabout it... done, with my boots on... call the Priest !

there was a DT, FW, Queensryche tour and also a tour that had DT and Redemption and maybe SX on a few dates

DT, Redemption and Into Eternity were touring together. Great set of bands.
yeah thats it but i thought a few shows SX was there instead of into eternity. i could be wrong but i thought it was only 2 or 3 shows that happened