Mainstream metal/hard rock may have the lowest hit-to-miss ratio for me, but...

Disturbed - Ten Thousand Fists
Disturbed - Indestructible
Disturbed - Asylum
System of a Down - Mezmerize/Hypnotize
Shinedown - The Sound of Madness
Heaven Below - Countdown to Devil
Hardcore Superstar - Dreamin' in a Casket
Hardcore Superstar - Beg for It
Fair to Midland - Fables of a Mayfly - What I Tell You 3 Times Is True
Taking Dawn - Time to Burn
Hey John... I've always had a lot of respect for your opinion. And given that I love almost all those discs, with the exception of those I've yet to listen to, I think I need to check out...

Thanks.

Hey John... I've always had a lot of respect for your opinion. And given that I love almost all those discs, with the exception of those I've yet to listen to, I think I need to check out...

Thanks.

Thank you, Greg. As other have said, however, System of a Down is not like the others. I would definitely check out Shinedown and Heaven Below though.

I've heard a bit of SoaD's music, but have never given a proper listen. I'll definitely start with the others.

I know his opinion is different than mine, but honestly Zod if you do want to check out SOaD you should probably start with either the self-titled or Toxicity. Mezmerize/Hypnotize is a mixed bag, which has a lot to do with Malankian's vocals which are definitely an acquired taste.

Based on this thread, I just checked out Ra and Breed 77. Not a big fan of the latter, but I dig Ra. Gotta explore their material now. Thanks for the tip guys!

damn, I'm still getting the hang of going on forums, and totally forgot I posted on this one :oops: Glad you like Ra, I agree (once again) with Palabra de Dios with that From One is a good starter one.

They for sure are an acquired taste, so I can't say I'm surprised. I never really gave them a listen until I started working at FYE and one of my co-workers put it in constant rotation. I really dig them, despite not owning most of their stuff. They are for sure one of the more progressive acts that are "mainstream."

Agreed. They can be a bit out there, L' Via L' Viaquez from Frances the Mute has to be one of my favorite songs

I know his opinion is different than mine, but honestly Zod if you do want to check out SOaD you should probably start with either the self-titled or Toxicity. Mezmerize/Hypnotize is a mixed bag, which has a lot to do with Malankian's vocals which are definitely an acquired taste.

Well, I think Toxicity is the place to start. The debut is good, but much more raw and heavy...I think Toxicity is where they began to find their true genius (and I *do* think some of their stuff is genius).

Having said that, I think Mesmerize is their most brilliant release. Crazy, unhinged, and brilliant.