Making some music

My computer can't handle multiple audio layers so I have to record my track in one take. I recorded about half of the song today and I went to fix one part and it screwed up the whole thing. I'm using Audacity, anyone know of a program that uses up less memory?

Hey, are you guys still waiting on guitars?

im new to this forum but playing guitar for 5 years now, into my oldschool Death Metal (Entombed, Dismember, Morbid Angel and of corse Bloodbath!) ... I have a line 6 toneport UX1 wich is pritty sweet for DI, i can pritty much nail that oldschool sweedish buzzsawtone.:headbang:

Hey, are you guys still waiting on guitars?

im new to this forum but playing guitar for 5 years now, into my oldschool Death Metal (Entombed, Dismember, Morbid Angel and of corse Bloodbath!) ... I have a line 6 toneport UX1 wich is pritty sweet for DI, i can pritty much nail that oldschool sweedish buzzsawtone.:headbang:

That's what I'm waiting on. I haven't heard for awhile who was going to do the guitars so I would say have at it.

That's what I'm waiting on. I haven't heard for awhile who was going to do the guitars so I would say have at it.

Ok well im at college atm and then work after, but ill do a ruff track of like fire for thursday im pritty much rushed off my feet till then (band practice on wednesday) are you just wanting one guitar as a guide? or would you liek it nice and thick so you can get into it?

As long as it's on time you can just do a rough track if you want. I'll record the drums seperately and then you can redo the guitars over it nice and heavy.

Here, get your friend to 'reamp' this and if it sounds good I'll record Like Fire
http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/11/6/353665/sampler.mp3

This can't work because you didn't follow the instructions in the link I posted. Essentially, re-amping is when you take the electrical signal coming from your guitar, capture it, and run it through an amp set up to find a good sound. A lot of bands that want a sound from a good studio from another country do this.

So either read the following thread and get a DI Box to record with: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/production-tips/290714-preparing-your-tracks-reamping-guide.html

Or, record yourself with ABSOLUTELY NO EFFECTS, no distortion, no amp; just directly into your recording software. It'll sound like shit, but it's the tr00 sound of your guitar, which is what you want to go through the re-amping process. Think of it this way: you're giving me the performance from you hand to your strings, and I'm the amp giving you the effects.

Also, could you send me it as an uncompressed WAV file instead of an MP3? It'll give you better quality.

Scavneck thats fucking awesome! Great job man, lets get this shit going!

Supposedly Soul Eviscerator should have rythm guitars for me today, if so I will try and get drums recorded by this weekend.

Excellent performance Scav. So should we all just post recordings of the vocals for the whole song and somebody can cut and paste as they see fit?

Excellent performance Scav. So should we all just post recordings of the vocals for the whole song and somebody can cut and paste as they see fit?

I'm waiting for guitars or bass. Then I'll do the drums. Once we get the base of the song layed out you guys pick which lines you want and add your vocals to the part of the song. That's the way I see it, if I ever get the guitar track that is..