Making some music

Excellent performance Scav. So should we all just post recordings of the vocals for the whole song and somebody can cut and paste as they see fit?

Thank you, I think we should discuss it between everyone involved in the singing, as far as I can tell all of us will gwt their fav. parts at least once, but that's after we get the guitars heh :/

I'm waiting for guitars or bass. Then I'll do the drums. Once we get the base of the song layed out you guys pick which lines you want and add your vocals to the part of the song. That's the way I see it, if I ever get the guitar track that is..

Just play to a click track.....you can figure out the speed by using the "tap" feature on any metronome.

I've been trying to get a nice tone for Like Fire and I've even tried recording it a couple times but for some reason I'm one sloppy bitch when it comes to this song. I'll keep trying though.

Only the fast part. The first part is 115, which I know is the same, but for drumming it would be easier to start the metronome off at 115, then have it speed up to 230 at the fast part.

I disagree ;)
Atleast all the drummers I worked with, like to have a clicktrack with eighths to be more precise.
But good luck with the cover. I wonder if it will be as cool as out version ;)

I disagree ;)
Atleast all the drummers I worked with, like to have a clicktrack with eighths to be more precise.
But good luck with the cover. I wonder if it will be as cool as out version ;)

I see your point, but it's a point of preference for me. I find that, especially with a song like "Like Fire", having a stead but slow 115 helps me get the feel of the drive of the song. I just find it brings out more power. Anyways, all to say that Grevor, you have all you need to record, and I'm sure it'll be easier for everyone if you record first with a click track rather than wait for a guitar recording. Unless someone can do a scratch track for him? To a click track?

Anyways, all to say that Grevor, you have all you need to record, and I'm sure it'll be easier for everyone if you record first with a click track rather than wait for a guitar recording. Unless someone can do a scratch track for him? To a click track?

That would be best for me honestly. Last night I tried to record again, I listen to it without the song and was disgusted! I use Sony Acid to record but the metronome in that program only goes to 200. I tried to synch up the song with 115 it isn't perfectly in time, this is like the 4th time I've hooked up everything to try and record and gotten nowhere. If someone could do a scratch track with a click track that would be perfect.

I have no computer access until further notice, can't play bass either for that matter... so you'll have to get someone else to do it or something.

So is there an official list of who and what everyone is contributing here? All I know is a couple guys that can growl are in, Ozzloaf ditched on bass and I haven't heard about anyone doing guitars really... Is this thread 10 pages of foreplay or what? I've never been in a band so this is pretty much the closest thing I can do, plus some of the fucking monstrous vocals here I've heard make it even more worthwhile to attempt.

Nihil what were you contributing, guitars right?

Well anyways, here's my failure from last night. I couldn't get the metronome working with the song so I just tried to play along to the song. I'm sure once I get a click track with guitar I can make it sound really good though.. This 115bpm tempo has got to be the hardest for a slow double bass song I swear...

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=291e6954dbe7a9c3d2db6fb9a8902bda

Not ditched, grounded.

Edit: So here's the deal. I found a computer that I can use but it doesn't have a mic or audacity. What I might do is bring my amp up, download audacity, and plug in my USB mic. So I might actually be able to record!

For the whole month of December I'm going to have access to recording equipment. We have a bit of construction/setting up to do, but once that's done, I'll post a few drum tracks of Bloodbath songs for you guys to use. Any in particular that you want me to do? I can give the UTP/TFM ones a shot. I'll be for sure doing "Like Fire" and "So You Die"

Don't think I've forgotten about you either Stefan ;) But your song will be a great test for my endurance.