Malmsteen's got a new album coming out...

JayKeeley said:
I'd say around 2.37%. :loco: If he could even pull of another Alchemy at this point, I'd be surprised.

The problem with Attack is that it had NOTHING to offer. At least his other lesser albums had one or two stellar tracks, but Attack left me feeling dumber.

Heheh...well, I'll go from experience and say Rising Force (the album) left me feeling...well, dumber! The song Rising Force as covered by Hammerfall is well fucking cool, but I'm not sure whether that's because Malmsteen actually recorded a good song or because Hammerfall just rock...

Merrrr!!! I should love Malmsteen, I want to love Malmsteen, but the one album I own just SUCKS SO MUCH!!!!!!!!! :loco:

Most people regard "Rising Force" to be the pinnacle of shred. Tracks like "Far Beyond the Sun" and "Icarus Dream Suite Opus 4" have my jaw hitting the floor, even 21 years after their release.

Anyway, does anyone ever remember the break up between Jorn Lande and Malmsteen on the War to End all Wars tour? I was just reading over it again...haha:

Lande's version: http://www.houseofshred.com/interviews/inter_jornlande0401.htm

"He was just running out like a scared rabbit, and I told him "You just fucking stay put there, I'm talking to you." And I was really firm, it started to look to me like he was just hiding behind his family, just running out of there..." - ooooh, the soap.

Malmsteen's version: http://www.houseofshred.com/interviews/ymresponse.htm

"Although I would have liked to knock the guy flat on his back, I am well aware of the trouble that would come from such a physical attack. Instead, I immediately ran to get the venue security..." - aaaah, the drama.

It's like Sweden vs. Norway. :loco:

So this new album...only heard it once so far, and for sure it's better than Attack and War to End all Wars. Might be as good as Alchemy and Facing the Animal...certainly one of his best since Magnum Opus.

There are definitely some real standout tracks..."Magic and Mayhem" and "Russian Roullette" for starters. Plus the instrumentals are short, sweet, and to the point. *gasp*