Man Robs $1 From Bank To Get Health Care In Prison

If someone wants free health care that costs $10000, then someone else has to pay that $10000.

That´s what taxes are made for.

The big drug laboratories won´t research for drugs to cure diseases that affects the poor because they won´t have money to buy them. That makes sense on a profit driven economy, where health is treated as a product.

Things are so messed up that some dudes think spending tax money on medic research, drugs and health care for its own people is "communism", but spending tax money on weapon research, ammo and death to use on other people is "patriotic". It´s like spending all your money on killing others instead of saving yourself.

It is indeed messed up when prisoners are required by law to receive free health care while their are working poor people that don't get any at all.

The prisioners have to receive free health care. He´s locked. How would he get money to pay for his own food or health care? Now, build the system in a way that sometimes it's better to be wrong than to be right (like the dude on the news realized) is just insane. I wonder how many similar cases must be. Would Chuck live if he had made the same thing?

I wasn't trying to mislead. I forgot about the free clinics. They do everything they can to help, but they all have funding issues and very limited resources at their disposal. If someone is fighting something more than a flu or needs more than stitches they can't really do much for them. They mostly just try to keep the homeless alive.

This is somewhat misleading. There are certainly lots of free clinics for primary care but if he has a tumor in his chest...

At the free clinic arguement, have you ever seen/been to one? They only take a certain number of patients a day, and the lines are as long as the DPS.

At the free clinic arguement, have you ever seen/been to one? They only take a certain number of patients a day, and the lines are as long as the DPS.

And many times, you're waiting in line behind illegal immigrants that are there for free healthcare, though they don't pay the taxes which support the institution.

And many times, you're waiting in line behind illegal immigrants that are there for free healthcare, though they don't pay the taxes which support the institution.

I don't know if the federal or state government controls funding for free healthcare clinics, but if it's the state, the immigrants more than likely pay taxes. We don't have an income tax, so anything anyone would buy in this state will get the sales tax. You probably know that though, lol.

It was never an argument simply a question about the healthcare system in the US. And since I don't live in the US it was a pretty fair question imo.

It was never an argument simply a question about the healthcare system in the US. And since I don't live in the US it was a pretty fair question imo.

Fair enough, I thought you were arguing that the US's health care is good enough.

It's a sad story that goes to show just how screwed up the health care system is in the US. If there is one sector of our economy that's as far from a free market as anything else, it's the health care system here.

As messed up and long-term failure-bound the European countries' health care systems are, they're a better system than the one we have here in the US. Giving an option between the two is like asking someone if they want a kick in the nuts or punch in the nose. It's not so much that one option is better, it's more like the one option is just "less shitty".

True. I certainly didn't mean to imply that free clinics solved the US healthcare issue or were a great option. I was just pointing out that they do exist and that I'd try that option before I tried to go to prison on purpose.