Mandrake 9.1...yeah!

godmachine12

May 11, 2001
Gray, Tennessee
Visit site
Finally got this baby installed and up and running. This is my first shot at Linux and damnit I like it a lot. Don't really know what the hell I'm doing yet apart from surfing the net and some very minor things, but it rules.

\m/

I contemplated several distros for about a year (mainly Red Hat and Mandrake) and recently downloaded the 9.1 ISO and set it up in no time...very newbie friendly. Also my first shot at Linux, and I'm highly impressed. The third party drivers I got for my 56k modem (home for the summer, no university line) aren't reacting very well. It's nice to learn the OS in the mean time even though I can't go online just yet. I really love the look and feel and having the power of the command line at my disposal. I'm curious to see where Linux goes in the future.

I have Red Hat on my computer. It's pretty cool, but I rarely use it.

There's Mandrake on most of the computers at the cs labs at uni, but I don't like it that much.

<---- Mandrake 9.1 user for a while.

Let me know if you have any questions, I don't claim to be an expert on it, but I love to help Linux users and especially Mandrakers. :)

I have to take a unix class this coming semester, so right now I'm just messing around with it to learn some so I'm not completely new to it when class starts. But if I can learn how to work in Linux, I might just stick with it.