Manowar: Yay or Nay

Never been a big fan. I like some songs, but they're not among my favorite bands or anything. As it's been mentioned here, I also find them way over the top and so arrogant it's ridicolous

sixxswine said:
Straight to the point as usual.:tickled:
Well Sixx, I do believe that to staright questions, straight answers. Besides I believe that if I had nothing positive to add, better shut my mouth :D

Wyvern said:
Well Sixx, I do believe that to staright questions, straight answers. Besides I believe that if I had nothing positive to add, better shut my mouth :D
You're a better man , than me for it, I suppose.
I think, that this forum has helped giving feedback to people,
in a "nicer" kind of way for me. Not that I was one of those
"Sucks" people, "sucks" doesn't tell me anything about what you are
sharing your oppinion on. People have become lazy & just blurt out
that word along with a select others, to describe things & it's a damn shame...

JonnyD said:
Sometimes Being a Manowar Fan is as hard as being a Blaze fan Damn few people really seem to "Get it"
I don't know about that, I could see being a Blaze fan over a Manowar...
That's just me though...
I don't see what the problem with Blaze is anyway? I think the X Factor record was a decent effort & Virtual had it's moments...
He doesn't have a prehistoric image either!:tickled:

sixxswine said:
I don't know about that, I could see being a Blaze fan over a Manowar...
That's just me though...
I don't see what the problem with Blaze is anyway? I think the X Factor record was a decent effort & Virtual had it's moments...
He doesn't have a prehistoric image either!:tickled:
Well with Manowar they have their thing and they have stuck with it .... they get loads of credit from me for that ....

With Blaze its more or less a case of Ignorance .... I love XFactor and Vitual had 2 maybe 3 good songs on it I will admit it Suffered in the Production and Song writing departments but that wasnt Mr.Baley's fault. ... His Solo Albums are Excellent! I highly recomend all 3 of them :)

Did C.C. Deville play on any Monowar?
Of course I'm joking, but read on:
The Associated Press is reporting that Guitar World magazine has selected the "100 Worst Riffs, Licks & Solos of All Time," identifying ones that are "lazy," "boring," "just plain stoopid," or "involve C.C. DeVille."

The list includes songs by DAVID BOWIE, DEF LEPPARD, METALLICA, GREEN DAY, B.B. KING, THE GRATEFUL DEAD, JIMI HENDRIX, AEROSMITH and THE STROKES, among others. Many are guitar legends who simply had a bad night or bum note.

Guitar World describes the No. 1 selection, POISON guitarist C.C. DeVille's nine-minute solo — entitled, appropriately enough, "Guitar Solo" (off POISON's "Swallow This Live") — "completely devoid of taste, structure or steady tempo" and recommends every budding guitarist listen to it because "surely, they can't do any worse."

DeVille was also cited for his "Cherry Pie" solo when he made a guest appearance with WARRANT and POISON's "Every Rose Has Its Thorn".

The magazine recommends DeVille "take solace in the fact that he's in some rather good company."

Top 10 "Worst Riffs, Licks & Solos of All Time" as selected by Guitar World magazine:

01. POISON – "Guitar Solo"
02. BLUE CHEER - "Summertime Blues"
03. CARLOS SANTANA - "The Game of Love"
04. CREAM - Falstaff beer 1967 radio spot
05. THE BEATLES - "All You Need is Love"
06. BLACK FLAG – "Thirsty and Miserable"
07. TED NUGENT - "Wango Tango"
08. ROLLING STONES - "Ain't Too Proud to Beg"
09. MANOWAR - "Sting of the Bumblebee"
10. LENNY KRAVITZ - "American Woman"

the stuff I heard was from Masters of Metal or watever the fuck it was......wat should I check out to hear their "good" stuff? lol.....and with Blaze.....everything he did with Maiden and on is good....just bought Blood and Belief....its great :headbang:

Manowar Manowar living on the road
When we play our cheese the speakers explode
We don't accept cream cause we're into Gouda
Just true cheese people, that's Manowar's crouwd...a :loco:

Got under my skin o_O

zeppelin said:
Manowar Manowar living on the road
When we play our cheese the speakers explode
We don't accept cream cause we're into Gouda
Just true cheese people, yhat's Manowar's crouwd...a :loco:

Got under my skin o_O
That is poetry for sure, give the kid a cookie :D And for the record I prefer mozarella.

i enjoy thier music,and just try not to think about the image.

not keen when they said that british metal fans wernt metal enough-didnt they have an album out called hail to england?
some people have a funny way of dealing with poor ticket sales :D

AntonCrowley_16 said:
the stuff I heard was from Masters of Metal or watever the fuck it was......wat should I check out to hear their "good" stuff? lol.....and with Blaze.....everything he did with Maiden and on is good....just bought Blood and Belief....its great :headbang:

Get "Hell on Stage" and Check out "Gates of Valhalla" Also "Into Glory Ride" and "Triumph of Steel" after those check out "Louder than Hell" and "Warriors of the World" is good to but like I said you must listen with an open mind... Dont listen to the Haters give them a fair chance you might be surprised at what you discover....

Blood & Belief is a Fantastic Record! one of my Favorites for the year!

Hate Manowar...

I think CC is underrated. He can write a good catchy solo when he wants to. Every Rose solo is good, Fallen Angel solo is unreal, Life Goes On solo rocks...

Definitely. His role in the band wasn't listed as "Guitar Screechin' & Hair Bleachin" for nothin on Look What The Cat Dragged In!

CC Rocks!

baldyboy said:
not keen when they said that british metal fans wernt metal enough-didnt they have an album out called hail to england?

If memory serves me right, that was in 1984., right?
I doubt the amount of british metal fans is the same 20 yrs after ;)
Also, they "met on English ground", I suppose that somewhat influenced the title...

some people have a funny way of dealing with poor ticket sales :D

Then again, ask yourself: why are the ticket sales bad?
Maybe not that many Brits are into metal as they used to be...
IMO, today's British metal scene is very poor, as opposed to what it used to represent. Almost all that remains are dinosaurs like Priest, Maiden or Saxon.
Very poor for the cradle of heavy metal... :err:

I would have to say Yay. Even if they take themselves too seriously, I don't take them too seriously. Warriors of the world- c'mon...have to be a few more closet fans... such a catchy tune. ...Must be my Viking blood... I think of their stuff in a kind of Irish Pub sing a long kind of way. -
at your next get-together, to the rescue is
the The Man-o -War drinking game: drink= everytime you hear "kill, sword, fight, or die". ;)
Try it its fun.

AntonCrowley_16 said:

I recommend you check out stuff from Battle Hymns, imho it is probably their best album