Manowar: Yay or Nay

SickBoy said:
Then again, ask yourself: why are the ticket sales bad?
Maybe not that many Brits are into metal as they used to be...
IMO, today's British metal scene is very poor, as opposed to what it used to represent. Almost all that remains are dinosaurs like Priest, Maiden or Saxon.
Very poor for the cradle of heavy metal... :err:
Theres some great new bands coming out of the UK ... one in particular comes to mind..... Panic Cell Anyone :D

:cool:
SickBoy said:
I'll check them out...
But I'm still standing behind my statement. :)

jonnys mentioned them mainly cause they are my band sickboy!!
but i also agree with him that there are some great uk bands out there at the moment-hawk will sing you the praises of biomechanical,as will i,cause they rule!!so do fourwaykill,illuminatus,invey,and infobia,to name a few-check them all out,different genres of metal,but all excellent!

baldyboy said:
:cool:

jonnys mentioned them mainly cause they are my band sickboy!!
but i also agree with him that there are some great uk bands out there at the moment-hawk will sing you the praises of biomechanical,as will i,cause they rule!!so do fourwaykill,illuminatus,invey,and infobia,to name a few-check them all out,different genres of metal,but all excellent!

I'll sing your praises as well and not just because it is your band but because you put on a brilliant live show and you do a damn good job of what you do. Also Fourwaykill are excellent well worth checking out (just my opinion of course)I don't really know enough about the others to comment.

thanks metal dog-you are one of the people who can testify that british metal is not dead-there were 17 british bands at bloodstock this year,and they were all bloody good!!the main problem is a lack of recognition-i'll agree with sickboy when he says he hasnt heard of any good british bands lately,but just wait-we're comin!!!

I had high hopes on a UK band called Shallow Grave, but they made a demo and split. Sad indeed because they play pure old school thrash.

sixxswine said:
I don't know about that, I could see being a Blaze fan over a Manowar...
That's just me though...
I don't see what the problem with Blaze is anyway? I think the X Factor record was a decent effort & Virtual had it's moments...
He doesn't have a prehistoric image either!:tickled:
I agree 100%. I saw Wolfsbane about 300 years ago. He's not one of my faes, but ghe's a talented vocalist.

Bryant

Manowar, to me, is just one of those bands that is downright FUN. They strive for this sense of complete triumphant glory, and unlike such bands as Virgin STeele, they don't always hit it. I'd say one out of every 4 or 5 songs reaches that perfect groorve. However, even when they're not totally crushing eveyrything with the power of Heavy Fucking Metal, they're caable of some damn entertaning stuff,. They stray into pretension (i.e. thaqt really long song about Achilles) at times, and it doesn't work, but when they're just doing balls-out heavy metal it's manly and rifftastic and generally awesome.

Just avoid the ballads. And "An American Trilogy" is one of the single worst songs of all time.

sixxswine said:
Like a stealth bomber, flying under the radar, Bryant "nuked 'em."
I have to agree, with Bryant on this one, they are too over the top, with the gimmicky Barbarian image. I think I owned one record of theirs back in the day, "Fighting the World" on cassette. It was so "epic" that when the cassette shit the bed, well, I didn't bother replacing it...
It just got worst when that Ross "The Boss" joined that Canadian band Manitoba's Wild Kingdom. "The Party Starts Now," I beg to differ....:yuk:

I gotta go with 6 as well, they R great muso's, but I think we got the message by now "Brothers of Metal."
They remind me of that Movie "Eric The Viking!"

It's time 2 put down the Battle Axes my friends, that Ship has sailed. :wave:
PS. J.D is still an awesome Bassist though. :worship:

Eh? What the hell? Did I just visit the Avril Lavigne forum or something by accident? Too epic? The hell?! You can never be too epic! And what's this fucking whining about image? Might as well ditch all your Metal CDs already as you could probably find someone in every single one who looks a bit daft. Never mind the fact that they ditched the Conan image in the mid-80s...very shallow-minded attitude.

As far as ManOwaR go they're in my top 3 after Maiden and Priest. I love the all guns blazing screaming, solos, drum work...everything you could ask for from a quality Metal band. They got some great fantasy lyrics, and the us-against-the-world attitude just drives everything home. Yeah, fuck what everyone else thinks :D that's what I like to hear. So a big :headbang: for ManOwaR from me!

Manowar where great up to Triumph of steel, then Eric just stopped to sing. Why's that? Just grunting on the records, come on, he had one of the best voices in metal!

HAIL MANOWAR!

Ayeka said:
Eh? What the hell? Did I just visit the Avril Lavigne forum or something by accident? Too epic? The hell?! You can never be too epic! And what's this fucking whining about image? Might as well ditch all your Metal CDs already as you could probably find someone in every single one who looks a bit daft. Never mind the fact that they ditched the Conan image in the mid-80s...very shallow-minded attitude.
:D your cool! :headbang: