Mar De Grises - The Tatterdemalion Express

Listened to this for the first time in months.

Wow. Just wow. I don't know how this didn't get into my top 3 for 2004.
That middle section of "El Otro" is so dreary, I had to pretend it was raining outside.

JayKeeley said:
If there are 120 seconds that seal this in my top 3, it's 6:00m - 8:00m of "To See Saturn Fall". Hair raising stuff......put everything aside and just give up 120 seconds of your life to see what I'm talking about.....I hear that and I think "album of the year".

YES. This guy knows what he's talking about.

you know, after spending the past year absolutely abhorring this album, i finally figured out why.

i listened to 30 second samples before purchasing it. there are moments of brilliance found in 30 second doses here! but when taken as a whole, these songs are long, meandering, and pointless. this variety of doom just ain't my thang.

you know, after spending the past year absolutely abhorring this album, i finally figured out why.

i listened to 30 second samples before purchasing it. there are moments of brilliance found in 30 second doses here! but when taken as a whole, these songs are long, meandering, and pointless. this variety of doom just ain't my thang.

Interesting. That about sums up my feelings for this album.

But for those who disagree:

http://www.vampire-magazine.com said:
NEW ALBUM AND EUROPEAN TOUR - "IT WILL CONSIST ON NEARLY 60 MINUTES OF SPECIALLY INTENSE MUSIC"
Written by Emanuel Seagal on Monday 24 September, 2007. Last updated on Wednesday 26 September, 2007 Mar de Grises sent the following statement:

After a long period of silence we are glad to announce the recording of the new album!
We have just entered the same studio we did on the last album, with the same sound engineers: Carolina Desbordes and Raphaël França (Poema Arcanvs, Six Magics, etc), so the mixing process should take place by mid-september.

We are taking everything with calm, having the chance to experiment some different stuff. For the guitar recording sessions we are counting with the technical assistance of our friend Igor Leiva from Poema Arcanvs.

At the moment we are taking care of some details regarding the lyrical and artwork concepts of the album and although the title is not officially decided yet we can assure that it will consist on nearly 60 minutes of specially intense music. Some song titles: "To Sleep Just One Dawn", "Summon Me", "Deep Seeded Hope Avantgarde" and "Kilómetros de Nada".

As an advance, we have uploaded a complete demo version of a new song in our MySpace site - www.myspace.com/mardegrises2 -, song that you can also find in the last compilation of our label Firebox Records - www.firebox.fi

The release in edition and distribution will be again in charge of Firebox, from Finland, and its net of distributors in Europe, USA, Asia… and maybe this time we will have the album edited also in our country Chile and to South America.

On another hand, the release of the album will be followed by a new european tour the next year by mid-April and May. This is absolutely confirmed. Once again, we will be visiting Germany, France, Spain, Holland, Belgium and probably some places for Scandinavia, Portugal, UK...

For the moment, that would be all.
Stay doomy

Regards!

- Mar de Grises