March of Progress - latest news

I understand what you are saying and I did recently enjoy listening to Clone. This was the first time in full since we recorded it and brought back some great memories.

Damn! It's taken you THAT long! No wonder you were not in a position to appreciate what we're asking! ;-)

I just wonder what you would do when faced with the options though. I have to ask Damian to learn a whole new album of lyrics, plus some extra tracks for a tour. He does put in a serious amount of effort to get them right being as they are not words written by himself. Should that be March of Progress or Clone he works on? Having said that, I expect we can do something from Clone live.

It's very simple, at least from my point of view: right now it's time to focus on March Of Progress. Trying to play Clone while promoting March of Progress is going to take attention away from the former as people will be paying more attention to March. I would prefer a Clone "tour" after promo tours for March Of Progress is over. You could then do an evening with Threshold and play Clone plus alternate tracks to what you'll play on the Tour of Progress...tour whilst working on new material during downtime. So it's Clone time during downtime! And you could reprint some Clone t-shirts to sell on tour.

Don't worry, he slips that into the conversation every time we have met.

:lol: and it works :lol:

TWO guitar solos in an edited version! Freaking awesome!!! :headbang:

Absolutely, freakin' in love with that track! Great larger than life Threshold sound! Wonderful vocals by The Professor - history has come full circle! Neat keyboard tapestry! Mr. West your keyboard sounds make every Threshold song out of this world! So pleased that the song is closer to the Subsurface sound that Dead Reckoning. If the whole album follows in the same vein, I'll be a very happy prog-metal-head!

...oh and yes Karl, by the way, the guitar solos are quite long and it's quite prog for an edit but for the next album can we have even longer and proggier guitar solos for the edited version? Thank you very much! :lol:

Great song, it has that "Threshold" sound to it. Can't wait to hear the rest! It's been too long since we've heard anything new from Threshold

...oh and yes Karl, by the way, the guitar solos are quite long and it's quite prog for an edit but for the next album can we have even longer and proggier guitar solos for the edited version? Thank you very much! :lol:

You'll be pleased to know that more than half the instrumental section of Ashes is missing from this edit then.

Solos are by myself and Rich in the main song. The outro lead on the fade is by Pete. The wahwah did put me in mind of Nick when playing it.

Really looking forward to the new album, I love the new track, listened to it loads already! Trying not to overplay it but can't help it :D Easily one of my favourite bands ever.

I really would love to see Threshold live and hope that on the next tour you will play somewhere in the south east of England, that'd be perfect! I feel I'm really missing out having never seen you live :( Youtube will have to do for now!

Good luck with everything, and thanks so much for all the great music you've produced over the years :kickass:

Damn! It's taken you THAT long! No wonder you were not in a position to appreciate what we're asking! ;-)

Of course I played tracks to learn them for live shows, but never got around to listening to the whole album until recently. A bit sad to hear Mac and can't believe how different from recent albums in sound.

I'll join in too if it helps:heh:

Asking about Clone tours won't annoy anyone. Let's see if I can convince everyone to start by including a Clone track in the next live dates.

Let's see if I can convince everyone to start by including a Clone track in the next live dates.

YOU'RE THE BOSS!! You just have to say: "let's do this", and the others just have to agree, no exceptions :heh:
(and in case you say that it's you and richard being the boss, well, I'm pretty sure he would agree to play at least Angels)

Of course I played tracks to learn them for live shows, but never got around to listening to the whole album until recently. A bit sad to hear Mac and can't believe how different from recent albums in sound.

The future is bright and fruitful! Let's not dwell on the past but let us remember Mac for his great legacy.

Asking about Clone tours won't annoy anyone. Let's see if I can convince everyone to start by including a Clone track in the next live dates.

You know what would be a-w-e-s-o-m-e? Starting the gig with Freaks! This was the first Threshold song I ever heard. I can't tell you how impressed I was by the band when I heard Freaks! I think Damian would work wonders on the vocals and harmonies!:headbang:

YOU'RE THE BOSS!! You just have to say: "let's do this", and the others just have to agree, no exceptions :heh:
(and in case you say that it's you and richard being the boss, well, I'm pretty sure he would agree to play at least Angels)

Now I see why your band no longer exists. haha

well I suppose it's time for me to write something on this forum. I've been lurkin' about on this forum for the last couple of years, always searching for news about a new threshold album.

What really made me sad was when I read about Mac leaving, and then about Mac's passing. I started to lose hope that I would ever hear a new Threshold album again. Let's just say that I am over the moon about this new song, Ashes. I would like to send many digital hugs and handshakes to the members of the band for stickin in there, puttin in all the effort to produce something as brilliant as this song. If the rest of the album is just half as good, then we're in for a treat.

Thank you for your hard work and for making great music. It means the world to me (and to all the other fans I'm sure). Thank you thank you thank you!

Much love from Sweden!

New track sounds great guys! Looking forward to the whole thing.

I see that the US release date is 2 weeks later than Europe... Looks like I'm importing!

well I suppose it's time for me to write something on this forum. I've been lurkin' about on this forum for the last couple of years, always searching for news about a new threshold album.

What really made me sad was when I read about Mac leaving, and then about Mac's passing. I started to lose hope that I would ever hear a new Threshold album again. Let's just say that I am over the moon about this new song, Ashes. I would like to send many digital hugs and handshakes to the members of the band for stickin in there, puttin in all the effort to produce something as brilliant as this song. If the rest of the album is just half as good, then we're in for a treat.

Thank you for your hard work and for making great music. It means the world to me (and to all the other fans I'm sure). Thank you thank you thank you!

Much love from Sweden!

Couldn't agree more with a post :saint:

Greetings from Austria! (well.. currently Shanghai, I hope that my business trip ends before the album release - I don't think I'll be able to get it here :cry:)