Mark Lewis Appreciation Thread

I just discovered that he produced Conquering Dystopia, the guitars in this album are magnificent, everything in this album is great.
The riffs and solos in this album are awesome, this album is one of my all-time favorites

I just discovered that he produced Conquering Dystopia, the guitars in this album are magnificent, everything in this album is great.
The riffs and solos in this album are awesome, this album is one of my all-time favorites

I struggled to get into it personally. Which is sad because Jeff used to be my hero haha.
I felt that the Conquering Dystopia mix was one of Mark's weaker jobs. The guitar tone was the only thing I dug about the entire record, and I usually love everything he does.

I love that record musically but I actually thought the mix was really weird too. You've got Alex Webster playing bass and I can barely hear the guy. I think Merrow's incredibly mids-dominant guitar tone preferences sort of inherently preclude the possibility of being able to hear the bass midrange/clank as well as I'd like.

That Conquering Dystopia mix sounds like cock but I bet that Mark received those guitar tracks already processed thanks to that "my geetars are perfect like that lul im to awzum" mentality. Just listen to those tracks, they don't sound like Mark Lewis.

That Conquering Dystopia mix sounds like cock but I bet that Mark received those guitar tracks already processed thanks to that "my geetars are perfect like that lul im to awzum" mentality. Just listen to those tracks, they don't sound like Mark Lewis.

Dude is it just me, or are you trolling, or is almost every comment you make exceedingly negative?

Maybe I'm missing something in a sarcastic attempt but anytime I see you criticize something it's anything but constructive…..

Dude is it just me, or are you trolling, or is almost every comment you make exceedingly negative?

Maybe I'm missing something in a sarcastic attempt but anytime I see you criticize something it's anything but constructive…..

It's some dick 17 year old who thinks we all want a glimpse into his perfect brain on a once per-thread basis.

Pretty much every smallish forum I've ever posted on has had one or two indecizos- people who everybody hates, everybody knows everybody hates them, but they keep posting because they're either such an asshole that they don't care or or are somewhere on the autism spectrum and lack the social cues to understand those facts. Maybe a combination of both.

Anyway, I use the fuck out of my ignore list and it's great.

I also think that Mark Lewis did better mixes than on Conquering Dystopia tbh...the drums are awesome, but I'm not huge into the guitars or the bass.

New CC on the other hand...oh my fucking gawd.

New Unearth is sweet as fuck as well.