Marshall 1960B with V30s ?

jangoux

May 9, 2006
Hey guys,

I am thinking of buying a new cab - i currently have a 4x12 built by a local guy that builds car subwoofer boxes and stuff like that with zero experience with guitar gear. The cab sounds kinda bad, think, hard to cut through, thin mids...you got the idea. The thing is, a Mesa 4x12 here in Brazil costs around $2500, importing one would be even more expensive and the other option that would be cheaper, going to the US and buying one and bringing it with me by airplane, is not allowed because of the 43kg weight restriction placed by the airplane companies.

Well, so I am thinking of maybe getting a Marshall 1960B and replacing the t75s that come with it with the V30s and Greenbacks I have on my current cab. That would be around $1000 cheaper and I could even sell the t75s later. Anyone ever tried replacing the t75s with V30 on Marshall cabs ?

you can replace two t75 with V30s
so you get X pattern cab like bogner ubercab of KH randall cab.
it should sound decent
check out this video for how to replace speaker

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't forget the 1960AV (or 1960BV) Marshall cab with V30s. I have one, pretty badass :) Mesa is darker and have a better low end tho...

I have one at work; I think it sounds great. Not as dark/smooth as the Mesa, and the build quality definitely isn't as nice, but I think it sounds better for certain things. I like it way better than the matching 1960B with stock T75s