MARTAAAAAA

Petethedrummer

Sonata Arctica fan
Sep 25, 2002
Long Island, USA
Visit site
Hey, I know this was posted earlier, but I think it mightve been last year, and that thread isnt around anymore..

but can someone please post general directions to get from the airport to the marta station(which i think was in the airport), and then...tell me which direction to go in and where to stop? and how long the train ride willl probably take? thanks i appreciate it :headbang:

Don't give me credit for this information. This was posted by someone else last year, and I copied and saved it. It worked fine last year (the first year I took MARTA instead of renting a car). Thanks to whomever wrote it in the first place.

Steve in Philly

PP Marta

1) go to Ground Transportation area of the airport

2) locate the MARTA station via signs

3) purchase a token at window or vending machine

4) stick token in token slot, and go through gate

5) go up escalator to the trains (both will be going north, since the airport is the southernmost station)

6) get off at N5, Arts Center

then, if the same thing happens to you that happens to me every single year:

7) exit station through wrong door, get all turned around, and walk in a huge circle to find the venue/hotels,

And you don't really have to worry about getting on the wrong train. The airport is the southern most station. So they will all be going North and just look for the Arts Center Station like the last guy said. It's always very clear what station you are at and there are maps and things on the train that will tell you what the next stations are.

...and to make the search a bit easier ( i know we didn't had a clue two years back) , take the station exit on the left side of the building (left is when looking in driving direction)...

Be prepared for the woman selling you the token to be very, very rude and refuse to give you a transfer when you ask for one and tell you you can walk to your hotel. :lol:

"Warriorrrrrrrs.......come out and playyy-yyyyyy......"

It's been too long since I've seen it.

-=-=-=-

Oh, the reason why New York's subway map is harder to read/more complicated is because they actually have a DECENT subway system, unlike Atlanta. :rolleyes: