Martin Lopez's Health

Nov 21, 2005
Scotland
www.myspace.com
I'm reeeeeeally sorry if this has been covered already, but I thought it best to ask directly. I'm going to see Opeth on Monday in Glasgow, and I don't know whether or not Lopez has recovered, or if he's going to be there, or if it's still Axe, or what... My friend is a drummer, and if Lopez isn't there, he's gonna be gutted...so will I. But I just wanted to know, so that if he isn't there, then i won't be too disappointed. Any help is much appreciated, and forgive me if I'm asking a dumb question lol.

I would have asked the same question - he is so fantastic...

No, sorry, don't rely on to see him there. The latest news from Opeth.com doesn't mention him being fit.

To bad really, I'm starting to get a bit worried...!

Still - you will see the band live...!!
Me, I missed their concert here in Sweden...
(Hm... next time...!)

have to say, I'm extremely disappointed. Despite not being able to play them, I am big into drums, and Martin lopez is quite possible my favourite. i love the way that he always seems to find the pattern that is PERFECT for that section of music, be it simple or complex. I know Axe is very good, but his fills just... aren't the same. Anyway, never mind, I'm still going to see the best band on the planet tear up my favourite venue :headbang:
My friend will be VERY disappointed though... he's nowhere near as big an Opeth fan as I am.... he's practically only going to see Lopez play....
Anyway, thanks again for the help!

RiffBoy said:

That sucks, man! :erk:
Better luck next time. me, I've been waiting over two years for this. I only found out they were playing last time after it was too late for me to get tickets. That was rubbish....anyway, with their big fancy Roadrunner deal, they're sure to be back after not too long, so you too can bask in the genius/brilliance :worship:

I saw Axenrot's first show with Opeth, and he didn't play the fucking db in the start of Deliverance. wanker

RiffBoy said:
Still - you will see the band live...!!
(Hm... next time...!)

I caught the concert in Sweden! I'm not trying to down you here, but I just
gotta say I left the full-packed place with a big smile. Awesome is a word
nowhere near the feel of that experience. I was actually most excited the
day after. I really didn't believe it until then :) The guys weren't as shy as
on Lamentations. They've become more confident and stuff; Mike was
joking with the audience and gave us a quick drum-lesson (or Beat signature) :cool:

Opeth: Now, also entertainers on stage (More than before anyway)!

Hey btw, did you all guys knew Mikael's MOTHER was present? :headbang:
Mike introduced her in the end of the concert. Typical swedish woman
head-banging too Demon of the fall! How nice, yeah? :)

Haha, tbh i didn't notice the double bass at all.. i was more busy headbanging and singing along etc.. and also making sure the guy behind me didn't burn his cigarette into my arm for the millionth time!

Yeah, I was at the Stockholm concert too. Was awesome to not understand a thing Mike was saying! Luckily some nice Swedish fans translated for me. :headbang:

Awesome show! Awesome seeing Mike family there too. His parents don't seem like they'd be into metal, but they were getting into it. How proud they must be.

The drumer (sorry, name has left my head at the moment) did a pretty good job, but had a different style and feel to Lopez. He missed the double kick in Deliverance.. doesn't mean that it still didn't go off!

Cheers,
jaxe.

i saw them on sep 9th london and the kick pedal stuff was disapointing to say the least, deliverance didnt have it and the kick pedal outro to the drapery falls was none excistent.
hope martin gets well soon so all the fans can see the band as the unit they are and then get rid of that dingleberry axenrot

Well obviously for the first couple shows he's not gonna play it since...it's his first couple shows!

When I went to Philly on Halloween, the double-bass was at album tempo, not live tempo. I was slightly disappointed, but just seeing them was well worth it

Stop bashing Axenrot. He's a great drummer and you're lucky they just didn't cancel the tours outright. You "fans" are pathetic.

zakk_hate_me_666 said:
everyone is always bashing axenrot, but when i saw them they played deliverence faster than when lopez is with them... so... wtf are yall whining about?
We wanted it in half speed so we could enjoy the song for twice as long :headbang: