Maryland Deathfest 2011

WhiteBeastofWotan

Apostitutes!
May 22, 2003
Philly
Visit site
Confirmed:
EXHORDER, EXHUMED, IMPALED NAZARENE (Finland), REPUGNANT (Sweden), CRIPPLE BASTARDS (Italy), WORMED (Spain), BLOOD FREAK, CRETIN, THE KILL (Australia), NIGHTBRINGER

Worth it for Repugnant alone.

As per usual, the first group of bands that are announced don't do anything for me. There's guaranteed to be one or 2 that will make me go "fuck. now I have to sit through all of those bands on a hot day just to see a 45 minute set"

while those are advantages, it doesn't help that it's blistering hot outside, even hotter inside, nowhere to sit except the ground... in the hot sun, expensive food, lots of people... festivals are annoying.

I agree with you Will :lol:

Derick and I have both gotten burnt out on concerts in general. If it's a band we really like then we'll go (we'll see Nevermore obviously). But otherwise, why be out so late, be uncomfortable, and have a headache from all the noise and smoke? Trying to mingle with people while other bands are playing doesn't work very well, either. I don't like shouting just to have a conversation.

yeah... same thing with me. if I really like a band, I'll go... otherwise, fuck it! I used to go to every metal show that I could, now it just isn't worth it. the crowds are getting more annoying than the music

wassup Tom?
How was your US vaca?

Ahoy an' shit.

Holiday was great, in short:

DC is full of old people and kids.
Baltimore is full of blacks and smackheads.
Chicago is shiny but somehow lacking.
Seattle is full of weird people (but very cool nonetheless)
Vancouver is full of old people.
Portland is full of trendy youths and bums.

I am jealous of anyone that lives in the Columbia river valley too:
colrivval.jpg

Pentagram played an amazing set this past Friday, and past curfew. It was well worth attending. You wouldn't have known it was a small crowd, given the people who either rushed the stage or were diving. Couple that with my autographed "Be Forewarned" cd booklet, and it was time and money well spent. Shows like that are ones that I will remember more than alot of others.

Confirmed bands so far:
AURA NOIR, AVULSED, BLOOD FREAK, CIANIDE, CREATIVE WASTE, CRETIN, CRIPPLE BASTARDS, DEFEATED SANITY, DEVOURMENT, EXHORDER, EXHUMED, GOATSNAKE, HOODED MENACE, IMPALED NAZARENE, THE KILL, LAST DAYS OF HUMANITY, LOCK UP, MACHETAZO, M...ALIGNANT TUMOUR, NEUROSIS, NIGHTBRINGER, NOKTURNEL, REPUGNANT, WORMED

Yeah, I'm starting to get excited.

I agree with you Will :lol:

Derick and I have both gotten burnt out on concerts in general. If it's a band we really like then we'll go (we'll see Nevermore obviously). But otherwise, why be out so late, be uncomfortable, and have a headache from all the noise and smoke? Trying to mingle with people while other bands are playing doesn't work very well, either. I don't like shouting just to have a conversation.

Yeah. I actually prefer a more laid back show. Im really burnt on metal shows in general. I will see Nevermore of course, but in general. meh!

Exhorder and Neurosis are pretty cool though.