Maryland Deathfest IX

Kafka. Headliners actually do not play last, they just play last outside. Bands like Portal and Sigh in previous years have capped off the night inside the venue.

Yeah, it appears the city of Baltimore imposes a curfew so bands can't play outside past 11 or thereabouts. Inside the Sonar they usually play till 1 AM.

"REGURGITATE will no longer be playing MDF IX because the drummer has a wrist problem that will keep him from performing, and apparently they don't really feel like playing live shows anymore.

BASTARD NOISE will now be playing on Sunday to fill the vacant space caused by the cancellation"

Fuck that

Tix on sale for NYC pre-show.

http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEventDetail?dispatch=loadSelectionData&eventId=3577015

tumblr_lef3i9XIfI1qfwrxdo1_r2_500.jpg

Also: "Here's a list of vendors that have confirmed for MDF IX:
ChopoBrujos, Dave's Metal, Decibel Magazine, Deepsend Records, Deathgasm Records, Emetic Records, Forever Plagued Records, Gutterchrist Productions, Ibex Moon Records, Lock and Shock, Necroharmonic Productions, Old Cemetery Records, Planet Metal, Profane Existence, Relapse Records, Sevared Records, Utterly Somber, Warlord Clothing, and Willowtip Records."

I'm hoping to pillage tables like Necroharmonic that have an array of cheap shit that's actually worth supporting. Emetic and Deathgasm got a lot of my money last year, and I'll probably clean out Planet Metal's entire stock.

Me and JFAD are coming on a pedalo that would cut the middle out of and enginineered a moped scooter into powering.

Marduk closing inside should rock as well. My only apprehension is that the sound will suck as evidenced by Watain last year.

Sonar shut down: "Yes, we know about Sonar. It was just brought to our attention. Please DO NOT panic. The festival will still go on as planned. If Sonar does not end up working, we already have a alternative site in the same area that would have a similar set up, so you do not need to worry, and you do not need to consider changing plans. More info about this is expected to be posted on Friday."

Apparently there won't be a need to change hotels and the stage layout will be the same.

Sonar shut down: "Yes, we know about Sonar. It was just brought to our attention. Please DO NOT panic. The festival will still go on as planned. If Sonar does not end up working, we already have a alternative site in the same area that would have a similar set up, so you do not need to worry, and you do not need to consider changing plans. More info about this is expected to be posted on Friday."

Apparently there won't be a need to change hotels and the stage layout will be the same.

WTF?

Yeah, I know. Looks like there's already some positive news though: "In just a few hours, we've managed to get some positive news regarding a new fest location. Everything should be wrapped up in the next couple of days. If the plan stays as is, you will not need to change your hotel plans, etc."

I just hope that this doesn't mean taking a cab from Tremont Plaza or walking miles just to get to the venue. It will suck to lose the ability to just run to the hotel and back within the span of 10 minutes or so.