Maryland Deathfest VIII

So ummmm are we doing the hotel thing this year and if so shouldn't somebody make a thread about it?

I guess I can set one up since I did it last year. Let me go examine the poll I had on the old one and see if I can improve upon it.

edit: FIVE AND A HALF MORE MONTHS :kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass:

the band list is looking pretty insane this year, there's no way I'll have money for it though. Maybe next year. How much do you guys spend usually for tickets/hotel?

Tix are like 115-130 usually. They keep adding big bands though so it will probably keep getting to be more. But whatever, it's so worth it. Hotel is usually 60 bucks for three nights given how many people are staying.

Someone start saving money for me. As long as I have the internet I cannot seem to hold on to cash for any period of time and I would fucking love to go to this.

Cool, a band I've never heard of whose name may have been cool 20 years ago but now sounds rather lame given that Nirvana existed and the year 2002 has already passed and was not particularly eventful. Can't wait!

:erk: They were a really fucking good old Swedish death metal band whose recordings recently got re-released by Relapse (lots of "re"s there :lol:). This is also their first time they've played outside of Sweden, and they formed in 1988. Epic much? I think so.

Also they were called Nirvana at first but the existence of the shitty band Nirvana caused them to change their name and add the 2002.

I wasn't commenting on how good they are, since obviously I can't. I just thought their name was rather amusingly lame sounding.