Maryland Deathfest 2019

I could see there being issues with Tchornobog playing live because the recorded music is a single guy doing everything. Sounds like he hired a band and maybe they weren’t ready.

@EternalMetal sorry man i didn't bother to check the forum before i left

Damn, would have been nice to meet up! I posted last minute just to see if anyone was going, but these days it seems nobody goes to shows here anymore.

- having someone tap me on the shoulder to get my attention about my The Chasm back-patch and turning around to see it was Daniel Corchado! talked to him for a bit before Messiah played

Were you there all days? Im pretty sure I remember seeing a guy with a The Chasm backpatch, maybe that was you?

- all the rare live bands i wanted to see killed it and were among the best of the fest (Rippikoulu, Tormentor, Regurgitation)

Me and my friend both think Rippikoulu were the best band at the fest, so I agree with you there. I also ended up buying a Tormentor patch for my future vest (im working on it, im a t-shirt pleb atm). We skipped out on Regurgitation because my friend wanted to see Church of Misery and we needed food, sucks to see they were a highlight. But you have to make sacrifices sometimes.

- Blood was the best performance of the fest. so much energy

Missed most of their set to see Ground, and the song or two I saw of them seemed good, but not nearly the best of the fest.

- having a few more death metal bands crossed off my bucket list (Brutality, Fleshcrawl, Unleashed)

Admittedly I died halfway through Unleashed, but was still nice to have seen them.

- Tchornobog. they were the only band that i watched that were objectively bad. bassist lost her place a few times and had a deer in headlights look

Good to know. We didnt show up till Lich King, and one of my friends wanted to see this band. I never heard of them.

- going back to my room for a "quick" nap and falling asleep for a few hours so i missed Immolation and Pestilence

Did you see Immo at least once? They played the same awesome set twice, exactly the same I think. Pestilence was sick, too bad you missed them.

- being drunk for 4 days straight. i haven't been drinking this year up until the fest. i was pretty hammered when i ran into @zabu of nΩd

lol, same. I forget exactly when we met up, but I was rather drunk and a bit stoned when we first got together. He didnt want to drink. Saw some bands and had some dinner though. We talked him into trying to get into Devourment, but he didnt have the ticket and ended up getting caught. I don't think we caught up with him afterwards.

Ray, get your ass back to Chicago so we can get obliterated and skip out on Exciter to sleep again.

i'm going to Metal Threat :cool:

Damn, would have been nice to meet up! I posted last minute just to see if anyone was going, but these days it seems nobody goes to shows here anymore.

Were you there all days? Im pretty sure I remember seeing a guy with a The Chasm backpatch, maybe that was you?

yea i was there all days, but i only went to the Soundstage on thursday. i didn't wear my vest all the time as it was too hot during the day. The Chasm and Stargazer are the two big ones on the back of mine

Did you see Immo at least once? They played the same awesome set twice, exactly the same I think. Pestilence was sick, too bad you missed them.

i saw a couple songs on thursday but i was exhausted and went to my hotel to crash. i've seen Immolation a bunch of times so that wasn't a big deal. i skipped some of the black metal bands that day and i set an alarm on my phone so that i could get up in time for Immolation. i slept through the alarm and woke up at midnight and rushed to the venue to catch Tormentor.

lol, same. I forget exactly when we met up, but I was rather drunk and a bit stoned when we first got together. He didnt want to drink. Saw some bands and had some dinner though. We talked him into trying to get into Devourment, but he didnt have the ticket and ended up getting caught. I don't think we caught up with him afterwards.

lol, nice

This sounds amazing! What did he have to say? Any news on a new Chasm?

This happened right after their set. I’m not sure if you saw their facebook post from a few months ago about their upcoming US tour. I wouldn’t expect anything new for the time being.
We sincerely invite and encourage all of you supporters of The Chasm to attend (if possible) any of this shows, since it definitely looks that this is it for us here in the US, no need to write all the reasons that made us take this difficult decision, bottom line is that we need to concentrate in playing in as many countries as possible before more time passes by, this plan will take some time to accomplish and we definitely don't know if in the coming years after we are done with this new venture we'll be in an optimal mental and physical state to continue playing live.

So, we are not quitting/disbanding, we are just moving on looking to play live in front of people from around the world, it may or may not happen, but surely we will go down in flames trying....

Finally...on the other hand nobody knows what the future will bring, but for now, this is the path we choose...Thanx for reading and we'll see you soon on the road...

He was very humble and had the attitude of someone that just started a band vs someone that’s been playing death metal for 25+ years. He was very appreciative that I was a fan of his music and wanted to know more about me lol. I told him the band should be much bigger than they are. Hell, the guy I was talking to that was up front for Fleshcrawl told me he never even heard The Chasm before.

oh damn, might have to drive down to Columbus/PA for that Chasm show. Cruciamentum is sick too

edit oh shit Bug Jar 4 July with Demontage and Cruciamentum !!