Maryland Deathfest XIII: May 21st - 24th, 2015

Are you going to MDF XIII?

• Probably going - do NOT want to share.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Definitely going - plan to just drink in the hotel, fuck the festival.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Never actually answered my own question about who I'm excited to see.

Friday is a pretty awesome-looking day, and I'm particularly looking forward to Artificial Brain, Funebrarum, Cianide, Suffocation and Obituary.

Saturday should be interesting. Morpheus Descends, Triptykon and Sodom definitely highlight the day for me, and apart from them I'm looking forward to just checking out a bunch of bands I don't listen to much.

Sunday is another mighty-looking day, and I'm absolutely psyched to see Tombs, Primordial, Skepticism and especially Demilich and Neurosis. Two all-time faves right there.

Definitely, I hope to hang out with you guys at the pre-party too. I'll make sure I pm you my cell at some point

I over anticipate every year, that walk gets old real quick.

EDIT: Going progressively less each year has actually made me realize I'm getting old. Feet hurt, back aches...A few mile walk seems like a mission, especially by day 4.

I hear ya, man. Everything hurts. I'm feeling it too. The first time i went i didn't have soundstage tickets but i was walking everywhere anyways. But the second time (last year) something fucking possessed me to wear uncomfortable shoes and i remember going back to my hotel to change shoes and ended up just crashing on my bed and knocking out for the rest of the night. :lol:

sooo yeah. getting old sucks.

I was so exhausted by Sunday night last year I ended up leaving the Ram's Head before Immolation's set to go crash, despite really wanting to see them.

So I still haven't sold my ticket yet (turns out Cody's friend couldn't afford it or something), and I'm actually back on the fence as to whether I want to go for the whole thing.

I just started a new job a month ago, so not sure if I can take days off for this. I also really don't want to be around pot - I've got 8 months clean now, and I caved in last MDF after 3 months clean.

Dunno what I'm going to do.

They announced they'll be selling Natty Boh at the beer tents in the Edison Lot. Now we can literally drink it around the clock.

Here's the full list of comestibles and potables.

BEER AT EDISON LOT:
Deathfest Ale - Brought to you by Yards Brewing Company.
Budweiser
Magic Hat #9
Natty Boh
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
Stella Artois
Tröegs IPA

LIQUOR AT EDISON LOT:
What's a fest without the hard stuff? Vodka, Whisky, Rum, Jägermeister, mixed drinks, etc will be available at the bars.

FOOD AT EDISON LOT:
Deli Sandwiches
Fruit Smoothie and Coffee Vendor
HeadBangin Hot Dogs (Vegan)
Indian Food Vendor
Pork Lord Tacos
Standard Fare Vendor (Burgers, Chicken Tenders, Gyros, Fries, etc)
Thai Food Vendor
Zombie BBQ

Note: Vegan/Vegetarian options will be available at the deli sandwich vendor, Indian vendor, Thai vendor, and Zombie BBQ. Between now and the fest, we will add at least one more vendor that will sell only vegan food.

First cancellation announcement. This is now the SECOND MDF that Sodom couldn't make it to. :(

SODOM CANCELLING THEIR APPEARANCE AT MDF XIII.

The government approved the visa petition for SODOM, but then failed to send the required documents that would have allowed the band to actually get their visas despite repeated attempts by the MDF and the band to get those documents. The parties have been unable to get any answer from the government as to why the documents were never received by MDF or the band. The band is incredibly frustrated by this and so are we. We take a lot of pride in doing everything in our power to get foreign bands to the states, but it's really hard for us to swallow when the incompetence of the U.S. government messes this up.

SOLSTICE will be playing instead of Sodom. This will change the schedule for that stage slightly and we'll update the website with these changes this evening.

Too bad it wasn't Englander Solstice. I would have been unbelievably jealous, but from what I know Rich Walker is batshit insane and hates everything American. That is why Orodruin never released "In Doom" officially as they were set to release it through The Miskatonic Foundation.