Maryland Deathfest XIII: May 21st - 24th, 2015

Are you going to MDF XIII?

• Probably going - do NOT want to share.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Definitely going - plan to just drink in the hotel, fuck the festival.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Update:

Here are some fun facts about the upcoming announcement of confirmed bands that will be posted at 12 pm (EST) on Tuesday:

- We have never announced this many bands at one time, and definitely not this early, but hey, if bands don't wait around to accept our offers/invitations, we are all for it. It looks like just short of 30 bands will be announced.

- At least 12 countries will be represented in round # 1.

- At least 7 bands in the upcoming announcement are from Scandinavia.

- All of the bands you ask for in the comments that follow this post won't be in Tuesday's announcement.

I'm pretty positive those Scandinavian bands will include Mayhem and/or Emperor, given the former's new album and the latter's recent reunion.

I hope you find yourself in the same situation I was in last year.

My best friend was getting married on memorial day, and I was the best man. The wedding date then got pushed due to various reasons and I was able to goto MDF.

Point is, never know. Shit can come up and get changed around. Hopefully.

Man, an MDF without Schmidt is like Trailer Park Boys without Ricky. We'll have to sabotage their engagement somehow.

Here we go folks!

Aeternus (Norway) *
Arcturus (Norway) *
Aura Noir (Norway) *
Bulldozer (Italy) *
Darkened Nocturn Slaughtercult (Germany)
Demoncy
Dragged into Sunlight (UK)
D.R.I.
Einherjer (Norway) *
Funebrarum
Goatsnake
Impetuous Ritual (Australia) *
Lock Up *
Lycanthrophy (Czech Republic)
Master
Melt-Banana (Japan)
Metal Church
Noisear
Neurosis
Portal (Australia) *
Serpentine Path
Skepticism (Finland) *
Splatterhouse
Suffering Mind (Poland)
Triptykon (Switzerland) *
Tsjuder (Norway) *
Twilight of the Gods *
Ufomammut (Italy)
Vallenfyre (UK) *
Vulcano (Brazil) *
Winter
Wolfbrigade (Sweden) *

ARCTURUS!!!!! I might die right now.

Also, so psyched for Impetuous Ritual and Portal.

Not surprised, but delighted that Triptykon and Aeternus are going to redeem themselves.

Decent first announcement, but its a bit weak, imo.

A lot of repeats, which I guess I wasnt expecting, but shouldve.

Still stoked for Dragged Into Sunlight, Impetuous Ritual, Neurosis, Portal, UFOmammut and Wolfbrigade.

So I just booked a hotel room NOW at the Holiday Inn Express. $209 per night (before fees/taxes) for a room with 2 queen-sized beds. I'm getting it at the refundable rate just in case. This is the SAME rate as the room we had this past MDF but we get a lot more for it.

Again, this is fully refundable and there was only one room of its kind left at that rate. I did check the Embassy suites and it was more expensive for an inferior room.

Glad that's (hopefully) out of the way already. I can spend the rest of the year filling the room up with friends.

If we anticipate a second room like before, I advise somebody to jump on one soon before rates go up and/or the best rooms get booked. I can tell I'm not the only person who jumped on this so soon.

Lots of cool bands are playing already, but there is nothing that immediately jumps out and make this a must-attend fest like Candlemass, Pagan Altar, and Saint Vitus. I guess I just like my doom metal.

Aeternus, Arcturus, Darkened Nocturn Slaughtercult, Portal, Skepticism, Triptykon... damn that's a helluva initial announcement. May need to make my way down to this thang.

Some good bands, but nothing that has me wowed so far (though a chance to see Neurosis would be great on account of being passed out during the time of their set last time they were there)

Aeternus, Arcturus, Darkened Nocturn Slaughtercult, Portal, Skepticism, Triptykon... damn that's a helluva initial announcement. May need to make my way down to this thang.

Assuming I have the same logistics as last year, I may be able to drive you back to Boston afterward. But regardless, you're welcome to join the crew if interested.