Masquerade

I never knew it was on TIO in Brazil! I think the re-recorded version is great, with one exception. It seems to me that the vocal track is mixed a bit low. Anybody else notice? Russ gets lost a bit in the mix of this song. I like the freaky fade out at the end.

Originally posted by Pharoah
I never knew it was on TIO in Brazil! I think the re-recorded version is great, with one exception. It seems to me that the vocal track is mixed a bit low. Anybody else notice? Russ gets lost a bit in the mix of this song. I like the freaky fade out at the end.
It doesn't seem that way to me:confused: I downloaded this track (the re-recording) a long time ago (cause i don't have the Prelude To The Millenium cd:cry: ) but i haven't noticed that, could you supply some track timming where you notice that his voice gets a bit lost in the mix?:)

RE: vocals...the entire song '98 (on the Limited Ed, Odyssey) seems to me to be mixed a bit lower than on the CDs after. OK, I'm thinking maybe I'm comparing to Rod on the first CD. His vocals were really out there and I've listened to the original quite a bit. :confused:

Originally posted by Pharoah
RE: vocals...the entire song '98 (on the Limited Ed, Odyssey) seems to me to be mixed a bit lower than on the CDs after. OK, I'm thinking maybe I'm comparing to Rod on the first CD. His vocals were really out there and I've listened to the original quite a bit. :confused:
I was listening to it again just a little while ago and yeah it souns a little odd but I never noticed that, his voice seems a little drag down, as you said maybe you're comparing the vocals to those Tyler did on the first cd on those the overall sound of the band was way dragged down, on this one the sound is more full and maybe that gives the impression that the vocals are a bit lower, just my opinion though:D .