MASSIVE METAL BASS

May 25, 2010
Welcome to the FIRST EVER programmable bass instrument to feature not only a CLEAN DI signal, but also a DI signal run through a SANSAMP RBI and the highly sought after DARKGLASS B7K! Also comes with FOUR (4) pre-processed, mix-ready tones!!

MASSIVE METAL BASS - only $50 using promo code "MMB50" through July 2014!!
Available at:
http://corybrunnemann.com

Was pretty intrigued by this (especially the B7K tone) so I went ahead and just now purchased it. Not expecting the link today though as it's the holiday.

Cory, this sounds a lot better than your previous Texas Grind. I love the tones that come with it (ESPECIALLY the Darkglass tone). I can't comment on the high notes thing as I'm not a guitar player (I mainly use VSTs *ducks*), but personally, they sound fine to me. No guitar VSTi will sound PERFECTLY realistic, to be honest. However, this sounds awesome. Good job. :)

Doesnt sound bad but fake as hell, especially the higher notes.

agree

Both your bass vsti sound great but too chainsaw-ish :-(
You should look into some proper kontakt scripting

I won't disagree with you guys, but I will respond with this: Programming a bass guitar is NEVER going to be exactly like playing the bass, its a "perfect" representation of you want to happen, for better or for worse. For better, is the bottom notes, you get an unachievable low-end clarity and consistency that is hard to get with playing, but in the higher notes you get a little more attack than natural. Some of the stuff that's very hard to try and get down is when you play a bass sometimes you strum another string and that resonance shows through in the track, well with programmed bass you get none of that, and that is, in my opinion, where programmed VST bass and real live bass are separated. We even left in some hits that weren't perfect to kind of simulate this as well, but it'll never be perfect.

I am a gigantic fan of performed live bass, I will not consider a bass VST for projects that I engineer, but when I'm mixing bands that send me material, a lot of times they send a bass MIDI, so when I have these incredible basses in my possession, I do my best to sample them and offer them to other people as tools to use as well. I know they're not perfect, or the most highly sampled instruments in the world, but I don't market them to be either! They're hard hitting, made for metal basses, and they work great as long as you're not needing an absurd amount of realism. They're also well under $100, where as the more extremely sampled basses are double, triple, and quadruple that price point.

Sorry for the book, I just wanted to come in and state my case, not against you, but just what my thoughts are.
And I thank anyone who has purchased it and is enjoying using it! Thank you everyone!

Sorry to bump this old fucker...but can anybody pitch in what the key range is? I play 8 strings in a low E tuning and i´m kind of hesitating to purchase since it doesn´t say on his website.

EDIT(!!!): just got word from cory that it´s possible!