Master of Reality appreciation

best band in history. FACT.

this is probably my favorite release of theirs too.

I still prefer Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, Vol 4, and the sludgy atmospheric original s/t.

No matter how long Ive listened to metal, and how many trends, or albums, or hell even musical styles ive indulged in, if I pop in any Sabbath album up to Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, I'm always in sweet perfect musical bliss.

The s/t reigns over all, but MoR is a classic album nonetheless! Lately I've been diggin' Volume 4 and Paranoid a lot more than I used to.

"Hand of Doom" stands as my favourite Sab track for 4 or 5 years now.

I too loved this album in high school, but don't find it's aged as well as Volume 4.

On a side note, I think all the first four Sab albums, especially, sound dated, but in a great way. It's like the epitome of that 70s guitar sound I love.

Sabbath kicks ass and I seem to need at least one fix a day! I like everything they have done and as much as I LOVE Heaven and Hell,Mob Rules and Live Evil,the Ozzy era stands as the BEST era IMO!!

Other favorites are

Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
Paraniod

and the ULTIMATE debut!!:kickass:

Sabbath kicks ass and I seem to need at least one fix a day! I like everything they have done and as much as I LOVE Heaven and Hell,Mob Rules and Live Evil,the Ozzy era stands as the BEST era IMO!!

Other favorites are

Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
Paraniod
Sabotage

aab4729fd7a073b1406ed010._AA240_.L.jpg

Other favorites are

Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
Paraniod
Sabotage

Other favorites are

Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
Paraniod

Other favorites are

Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
Paraniod
Sabotage

Other favorites are

Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
Paraniod
Sabotage

Oopsie...

...but yes, the Ozzy era produced most of Sabbath's classic material, but the Dio era stands on top for me even though they didn't do as much with him. And I've never really got the worship the debut receives, aside from it being extremely historically important. I like it, but not quite as much as the rest of the stuff up to Sabotage.

Hell yeah. That's my first Sabbath album and definitely my favorite of theirs. Lord of This World is a godly song.

Awesome album. My 2nd favorite from Sabbath, my fav being their debut. Children of the Grave, Into the Void and Sweet Leaf are fucking killer. Paranoid is great, but the underrated tracks, like Electric Funeral IMO are the best from it, as apposed to the more well known ones (Paranoid, Iron Man, War Pigs)

I think all the first four Sab albums, especially, sound dated, but in a great way.
I agree. The guitar sound isn't nearly as thick and distorted as the guitar sounds of today, or even the guitar sounds of the late 1980s. When they started, I'm sure their guitar sound was super distorted for the time, kinda like the buzzsaw Sunlight Studios sound for its time.