MASTERED BY MUPPETS (death magnetic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing though, I'm sure here no one wants it to sound like a personal attack to Metallica or lack of respect. We could maybe change a few lines like "Lars ain't worth all that". Although it sounds great, it's a bit too much I think. What's your views?

its down to you guys, I'm not getting involved , q prime scare me.

Awe, Andy, its a parody that needs to happen, and with a heavyweight like you behind it will get to alot more people, apart from the fact that i cant think of anybody else better to mix it, but then, im not sure thats the point, but hell we have to make it listenable. But oh well. :)

(Disclaimer: I'm a huge metallica fan, but this needs to happen in my opinon.)

personally, i think whoever masters it should just clip the living fuck out of it beyond reason to imitate how bad death magnetic sounds that way. it'll make a good point on why the loudness war takes a shit on music.

This would sound seriously funny if the drums have that same shitty snare sound from St Anger too. :lol:

I like the lots of clipping idea too, I'm chuckling just thinking about it!

[quote="Evil" Aidy;7634957]This would sound seriously funny if the drums have that same shitty snare sound from St Anger too. :lol:

I like the lots of clipping idea too, I'm chuckling just thinking about it![/quote]

hmmmm either we´ll produce the song that shows how to do it right, or we exaggerate it to death..with some ugly clipping etc..hmmm

I prefer to show how to do it right ! Sounds better:headbang:

excedrin.jpg

papahetinthestudio.jpg

suckit.jpg

I'd love to hear Matt Drake from Evile have a shot at the vocals! I think the 'bearded bastard' bit would be even more hilarious in a northern accent for some reason :lol: He doesn't think much of Death Magnetic either, and he posts a lot on Evile's forum which is also on Ultimate Metal...

Right guys, tracking is going well - I'm just nailing rhythm guitars and drums, to exact puppets bpm. All down-picked on an explorer.
At the moment, Oz is up for mixing, Brett playing bass, Felix the fast solo. I'd like to get a couple more people in here even if it's just for a collective "master, master".... but please don't be offended if left out!

I think this should be made to sound as awesome as possible, to prove a point that you don't need to have a mega-budget or 5 years to make something sound good. Also so people WANT to listen to it haha. But maybe one small section to sound disgusting and clipping, distorting (with perhaps the st anger snare?!) - just a bar or two at the right moment for comical purposes.

Guys, wouldnt it be great if this sounded way better than Metallicas last album? Its like come on.lets do this parody but lets do it right, how it should have sounded in the first place

If u need some solos count me in

+1

I also think, we should show, how to make it better !

Let´s share the solos;) P.m is on the way.

Right guys, tracking is going well - I'm just nailing rhythm guitars and drums, to exact puppets bpm. All down-picked on an explorer.
At the moment, Oz is up for mixing, Brett playing bass, Felix the fast solo. I'd like to get a couple more people in here even if it's just for a collective "master, master".... but please don't be offended if left out!

I think this should be made to sound as awesome as possible, to prove a point that you don't need to have a mega-budget or 5 years to make something sound good. Also so people WANT to listen to it haha. But maybe one small section to sound disgusting and clipping, distorting (with perhaps the st anger snare?!) - just a bar or two at the right moment for comical purposes.

+1

Hello Dan,

Yeah this are good news:)

As soon as you have a hearable playback, gimme some snippet, that I can practise and prepare a solo. Is reamping A MUST DO ?

I would like to use my Marshall JVM - Mesa Rectifire 4x12 - sm57 for the Solo. Would that be okay ?

Wich tuning will you use.."E" or "B" ?

+1

I also think, we should show, how to make it better !

Let´s share the solos;) P.m is on the way.

Sure. lets rock :headbang:

Send me the actual backing track whenever its ready to puy my thing on it

PD. u can hear me playing arround here
youtube.com/watch?v=VECxa8iRkd8[/url]
youtube.com/watch?v=6mH4sKell88[/url]

sorry. i didnt mean to put thos big ass youtube videos !! just the url

Status
Not open for further replies.