MASTERED BY MUPPETS (death magnetic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. Im in for the middle thing(harmonies, solo, etc). Felix is on the fast solo:kickass:

Please dan or anybody involved as well PM me so we can add us on msn or whatever to be in touch and send over the files needed to record.

Brett. put some overdrive on that bass. dont be gay :headbang:

Over n out

Ok. Im in for the middle thing(harmonies, solo, etc). Felix is on the fast solo:kickass:

Please dan or anybody involved as well PM me so we can add us on msn or whatever to be in touch and send over the files needed to record.

Brett. put some overdrive on that bass. dont be gay :headbang:

Over n out

Yeah:headbang:

Izzyrock..will you play it like Kirk or will you let flow own interpretation and improvisation in it ?

That´s important for me to know:

Should I order now a RADIAL J48 to re-amp my solo ? Or can I use my Marshall JVM - Mesa recti 4x12 - sm 57 to record it on traditional way ?

ok guys, easy now!

Give me a few days to finish the rhythms and we will then start looking at sharing out the solos.

I'd like to keep it in E and stick as close as physically possible to the original. For it the whole thing to work proplerly, I think the music needs to be as true to the original, as it will be the lyrics that are different. I'm getting Oz to reamp rhythm tracks... not sure about solos yet.

Anyone can ask the singer from Beatallica to sing on it? He's such a great impersonator of Jaymz.
I was about to suggest that. That would actually be great! :headbang:
Unfortunetally I don't have any contact information of that guy. :erk:
That would be so fuckin´great ! *dream* :headbang: Could there will exist problems..like copyright problems or something ? Must we pay licence for using "MOP" ? I cannot express me better on english..i hope you understand me.
Afaik you are free to perform/record/release cover versions free of charge and legal threats.

I think Andy might be worried that he may exclude himself from ever getting the chance to mix an upcoming Metallica album by taking part in this.
I'd like to get a couple more people in here even if it's just for a collective "master, master"....
That's a great idea. Basically everyone with a mic could record some "Master, Master" once the backing tracks are done. That way we could get a really large collection of very different sounding gang vocals. Should sound cool I guess! :)
I think this should be made to sound as awesome as possible, to prove a point that you don't need to have a mega-budget or 5 years to make something sound good. Also so people WANT to listen to it haha. But maybe one small section to sound disgusting and clipping, distorting (with perhaps the st anger snare?!) - just a bar or two at the right moment for comical purposes.
Great idea as well. I'll vote for that! :)
Let´s do it in F :lol:
Why not actually!? ;)

I was about to suggest that. That would actually be great! :headbang:
Unfortunetally I don't have any contact information of that guy. :erk:
Actually that would not be cool from him to participate to this since Metallica helped Beatallica a lot in the past.

I think Andy might be worried that he may exclude himself from ever getting the chance to mix an upcoming Metallica album by taking part in this.
He already excluded himself with the Megadeth collaboration anyway :)

Actually that would not be cool from him to participate to this since Metallica helped Beatallica a lot in the past.
Ah well, I didn't think about that... :erk:
But you suggested it in the first place! :p

So who else can do a good James Hetfield-voice?
He already excluded himself with the Megadeth collaboration anyway :)
Haha, so true! :D Go for it Andy, nothing to loose here! :headbang:

And of course we got the cover already, although I'm sure dan will come up with something more appropriate if he has time :)

pilots1.jpg

ok guys, easy now!

Give me a few days to finish the rhythms and we will then start looking at sharing out the solos.

I'd like to keep it in E and stick as close as physically possible to the original. For it the whole thing to work proplerly, I think the music needs to be as true to the original, as it will be the lyrics that are different. I'm getting Oz to reamp rhythm tracks... not sure about solos yet.

Okay..well, then NO own interpretation/improvisation stuff on the leads ? Even no small deviation ? *snief* :cry:

I wish I could help here, but all I can do is mixing or mastering (specially the clipping version.. hahaha).
And who's gonna sing after all? Any James' cover out there?!
Can't wait to hear the song.

I'd love to hear Matt Drake from Evile have a shot at the vocals! I think the 'bearded bastard' bit would be even more hilarious in a northern accent for some reason :lol: He doesn't think much of Death Magnetic either, and he posts a lot on Evile's forum which is also on Ultimate Metal...

Well ive just spoken to Matt and he says hes up for it if you want him..Send me the backing tracks and Ill send you back Matts vocals..

Status
Not open for further replies.