Mastering A/B of my band (mastered by Alan Douches)

NickL

I'm not here.
Jan 31, 2007
Illinois
Hey, guys.
My progressive metal/rock/electronic group's new album was mastered by Alan Douches (Mastodon, Misery Signals, The Black Dahlia Murder, Every Time I Die, Converge, Kayo Dot, Olivia Tremor Control etc...) We have added a page with an A/B before and after comparison of one of the tracks for audio production people to check out and have some fun with. Here's the link: Mastering Comparison We have some heavy tunes but are not exactly extreme metal, but it seems like a lot of you guys like stuff like Opeth, Tool, Mastodon, Porcupine Tree, etc so you might get a kick out of it. Cheers!

Update:
Dropbox suspended my account for generating "too much traffic" with this, so I have uploaded new links at the same location. Sincere apologies to anyone who went there and found dead links in the last few hours.

Ive had Alan and just the staff engineers master things for me on separate occasions in the past. I dont understand why if you had the budget, and planned to distribute your music you wouldnt send your tracks to a pro shop like WestWestSide. Always had top notch improvement and really not that much of an extra cost in the big picture.

Yes I agree. They are really really good over there and we plan to use them again. We are stupid picky and had them do some revisions for us and and whatnot and it was still less than half as much money as what a few of the other mastering studios quoted us. Couldn't be happier, myself...