Mastering Houses

roy22341

Aug 23, 2008
Lafayette, LA
When you guys send out a mix to be professionally mastered who do you send it to? I'm recording a couple songs right now for a local musician and I suggested he have it professionally mastered. Seeing as I'm charging him the "Good friend for a long while rate" I think he could be able to shell a few bucks to have have two or three tracks professionally mastered. Who would you suggest? Its not metal by the way - its more of a glorified karaoke type deal - think Staind. Thanks guys.

Get one of the guys here to do it! (Lasse and ArtGarceau come to mind, but I'm sure there are others)

Me, me, pick me, me ;)
180px-Shrek_donkey.jpg

Me...

I've only used 3 different guys/places in my time, but the best by far has been Plec at Panic Room Productions. He posts here on occasion, but you'd have more luck hunting him down on the net or myspace.

Not a politically correct comment, just the truth: even if my band eventually chose Goran Finnberg for the mastering duties of the new record, both Lasse's and WindyCity (Art)'s proofs of mastering were among the best - way better than the proofs of mastering sent to me by other above-the-line, pricey studios.