Master's Apprentices

jaykeegan said:
How fucking dare you, i'm 16 years old man i don't know my fucking Australian music history from A-Z mate & i don't intend on doing so, get a fucking life.

16-year-old man sounds like an oxymoron to me.

Chill.

jaykeegan said:
How fucking dare you, i'm 16 years old man i don't know my fucking Australian music history from A-Z mate & i don't intend on doing so, get a fucking life.
And also failing English class I assume, considering you couldn't get a whiff of the sarcasm that my post was laden with. Please find somewhere else to let off your angsty teenage hormones instead of spraying them all over this board, shitty as it is.

Have a nice day :)

Heheheh at least one of 'ems a skinhead... so you're in shit homeboy :D

I was about 2 feet away from you at Opeth but couldnt say hi. Dammit.

Katatonic said:
And also failing English class I assume, considering you couldn't get a whiff of the sarcasm that my post was laden with. Please find somewhere else to let off your angsty teenage hormones instead of spraying them all over this board, shitty as it is.

Have a nice day :)

Alright i'm sorry for going a bit over the top there. I just take things to close to heart sometimes & over react a bit to much.

Opeth have stolen _every_ album title intentionally, the source is a swedish radiointerview

Orichid - Black Sabbath instrumental track (and more of course)
Morningrise - A song by a band called slowdive
My Armse Your Hearse - A lyric line, from an english folk band called Comus
Still Life - A band, a record with phandograph (spelled?) and an Iron Maiden Song
Blackwater Park - Old progband
Deliverence - A lot
Damnation - A lot

Plus a lot of songs, For Absent Friends is also a 70s band.

suprising it took this long for fanboys to figure this stuff out. ive been a prog fan for many many years, but i wouldnt dare share this info with the fanboys here in hopes that maybe one genre related to opeth loosely wouldnt be completely whored out with kids hoping with every pathetic fanboy thread of their being...that they might find more bands like opeth....when in many cases, these bands are a lot better than opeth anyway. :Smug:

"You dangling swinging
Hanging, spinning, aftermath
Your soft white flesh turns past me slaked with blood
Your evil eyes more damning than a demon's curse
Your lovely body soon caked with mud
As I carry you to your grave my arms your hearse
You stand before me defenceless
Your stare unchanging silent, cold, intense sears my brain"

Comus - The Herald

Their writing reminds me of Opeth's, in a way...