Master's Apprentices

the beginning IS too long, but that is such a huge crushing riff it almost makes up for it. The vocal lines to that get very repetitive as well though. The rest of the song is great though definitly.

I noticed the lengthy lyrics page right away when I first got the album. It sounded kind of funny at first. It's not my favorite.

Favorite part: "Fading away and leaving long for sleep. Closer now. Lead the way... into death. and that closeup sound in the vox after and the leary riffing. "Every wretched dream..." The closing riffing is great.

illbeleavinnow said:
There's only 5 songs on Deliverance. :tickled: Minus For Absent Friends.

I bet he didn't know that already. :Smug: :loco: I'm just messin' with ya. What I was really going to say was about this comment you made: "Master's Apprentices and By the Pain I See in Others are very similar, dynamically." How are these two similar (dynamically, of course) without being similar to the rest of the songs on the album? I mean, the only thing similar about all the songs on the album is they're on the same album. I like BTPISIO possibly MUCH more than MA.

What i don't like about that song is around 2:03 they change from rally fast bass drums to some slower ones, just like that. That's quite negative (for me).

However, Estimate is right about the last six minutes .

Opet, I don't know how well I can explain it, because a lot of the reason I said the two were similar dynamically was based on opinion.

When I first listened to MA then BTPISIO, both of them were structured similarly and both had very amazing soft sections in the middle and hard sections at the beginning. The only difference I see in the two is that BTPISIO has a little interlude of orgasmic guitars sometime in the middle or so. Don't really remember where.

Well the Morbid Angel influence cannot be denied in the beginning. If you like Morbid Angel you will like the opening third of the track.
Then it takes a different and more Opethian feel. Great double kicks by the way.
Fantastic vocals dominate most of the remainder. Giving a definite hint of Damnation.
Mid-tempo riffing and guitar harmonies and a guitar solo.
Arpeggiated moving riffs over growls and screams.
Melodic melody line by the guitar.
The end-fadeout.
Another well compsosed piece of Opeth.

Id have to say i love it, i love the whole of D1 it is growing and growing and growing :D at first i was like oh, this is ok, not quite to standard but great nonetheless, but now i realise that it s just as amazing, its fucking powerful and beautiful all in one:D

illbeleavinnow said:
The only difference I see in the two is that BTPISIO has a little interlude of orgasmic guitars sometime in the middle...

I like BTPISIO's vox and the orgasmic interlude you mentioned is one of my favorite parts on D1. So, yeah. It's all opinion. I thought you might have some technical know how about some song structure shit that you could educate me a bit with. :p I see what you're saying though.

osse87 said:
What i don't like about that song is around 2:03 they change from rally fast bass drums to some slower ones, just like that. That's quite negative (for me).

Yeah, it's almost sounds like M-Lo got tired and slowed up for a second to let some blood flow back into his arms. :lol:

Deliverance is my favorite album. And Master's Apprentices is my favorite song. The intro is fucking awesome and the end is even better. By the Pain is also great..I love the distorted vocals in the beginning. Right now Wreath is stuck in my head. From the guitar solo in the middle to the end of the song is just a great ride. AFJ and Deliverance are also great.

EDIT: MA is my favorite song on Deliverance..not by Opeth. That has to be BRI

Opet said:
I like BTPISIO's vox and the orgasmic interlude you mentioned is one of my favorite parts on D1. So, yeah. It's all opinion. I thought you might have some technical know how about some song structure shit that you could educate me a bit with. :p I see what you're saying though.

Me with techincal know-how? :tickled: Yeah I have some but it doesn't apply in this case, it's just how I feel. :) Oh shit this reminds me I was supposed to send some chorale techincal information to an UM member two months ago. :ill: Shit.