The Opeth Song That is Essential for Any Concert

Dammnare

Feb 16, 2008
In my opinion that would be MASTER'S APPRENTICES ! Such a amazing power you feel when the intro kicks in ! I just can't stop headbanging when this song starts I just go mad ! What do you think about a song that you feel like you would like to hear in any concert?

DOTF usually encourages a better mosh pit than other songs, but I don't see any songs as necessary. I'm looking forward to this new set list which supposedly only contains one song from the last tour.

I could probably only narrow the number of songs they "have" to play at any given show to about 50.

this is becoming the "song you would like to hear next" thread.
anyway... after the setlist delusion of the latest tour, i'm at least sure of the songs i would NOT like to hear anymore...

Demon of the Fall is a fan favorite but its one of the last songs I'd want to hear live because it loses so much from the studio version. Mike does a damn good job but he's never going to be able to get the perfectly demonic tone he gets on the record. Plus, there's two sets of chord progressions under the 2nd riff, and Per's keyboards sound good but they make one riff dominate the other so that it sounds completely different. Also, the looooooooong pause between "with the greeeeeeeeeey" and the acoustic riff...

Last time we saw Opeth my friend had to get home but I said "zomg not before Demon of the Fall" or something like that, but once I heard it...we left 3 minutes in.

I've never seen opeth live and I will see them at february for the first time.. too bad that they have removed Master's Apprentice from their setlist :( because thats the song I'd vote.