Mate.feed.kill.repeat

Sullen Jester

Corporate Executive
Sep 12, 2001
Beneath The World
Has anyone else heard this? (The original Slipknot album.)

I got it the other day, and I was blown away. From what I've heard off other people, I was expecting Slipknot-death metal, but this was crazy.

At parts, yes, there is the death-metal style guitars, then it'll turn around into something really funky, complete with funk vocals/rap, and then drops into something dark and gloomy.

This album is completely different from their 'nu-death' style in the self-titled and Iowa albums. Just having a different vocalist and "bullshit members" has really changed Slipknot's sound, I don't really view them as the same bands.

(I advise you to check out MFKR)

Yeah, I remember Gently being one of the first songs I wanted to learn on guitar... woe was me when I found out what idiotic tunings Slipknot use... anyway, yeah, I've heard a couple of songs but the only one that really stands out at me (and one I really like) is Gently.

its also a completely different slipknot lineup, i.e Mick, James, the DJ dude, Corey and a bunch of other guys are not in the band. I think the only original member of slipknot in the current lineup is Sean (the fat clown) the bassist, and some other dudes, Im pretty sure Joey is not an original member and he did not play on MFKR, for he was in Anal Blastat that time.