Mattias Eklundh Voted Best New Talent in GP's May issue

J-Dubya 777

It NEVER ends
Nov 7, 2004
Cheeseland USA
Needless to say, I was pretty happy to see IA get some well deserved recognition from a guitar magazine based here in the States. (Guitar Player, May 2007 issue) Could it have been the ass dildo at Prog Power last year? :lol: I hope, if even in a small way, this leads to more opportunities for the guys to come over to the US and play for us.

Other than Guitar One a few months ago (only because Mike Keneally was in it), I can't remember when I last bought a guitar rag. I had pretty much given up hope that any of "our" people (with only a few exceptions) would ever get a mention.

Kudos to Glenn & Shane for taking a chance and booking FK not one, but 2 years in a row!

:headbang:

Thats awesome! maybe we'll see him on G3 at some point (or a US Freak Kitchen tour).

edit: btw J-Dub, you'd be surprised at how often good players are being featured in mags these days. Rusty Cooley has (or at least used to have) a regular column in GP, I see Jeff Loomis from Nevermore featured a lot, as well as Petrucci, Alexi Laiho (Bodom), hell even Bumblefoot got a big feature in Guitar one recently.

Needless to say, I was pretty happy to see IA get some well deserved recognition from a guitar magazine based here in the States. (Guitar Player, May 2007 issue) Could it have been the ass dildo at Prog Power last year? :lol: I hope, if even in a small way, this leads to more opportunities for the guys to come over to the US and play for us.

Other than Guitar One a few months ago (only because Mike Keneally was in it), I can't remember when I last bought a guitar rag. I had pretty much given up hope that any of "our" people (with only a few exceptions) would ever get a mention.

Kudos to Glenn & Shane for taking a chance and booking FK not one, but 2 years in a row!

:headbang:
His CDs are great. Thanks for recommending them.

If you really loved them that much you'd go to see them in Sweden! :p

His CDs are great. Thanks for recommending them.

If you really loved them that much you'd go to see them in Sweden! :p

Welcome!
I was sooooo close to going there in December... Until my now deceased truck decided to suck a pile of cash out of wallet...Glad I didn't pull the trigger on going.....

I love the "new talent" tag. GOod to see such a quality player getting recognition.

Speaking of Matias, yesterday I got a friend's request (via myspace) from a bass player that has recorded some stuff with Gregg Bissonette and they had Matias guest on a few songs.

Can't remember what it is called though, I'll remember though and post it here.

It's Martin Motnick, and the cd is called Bass Invader.
I can describe him as Stu Hamm on too much caffeine. Nice guy, KILLER bass player, and there is the most EXCELLENT cover of YYZ (Rush) on that cd with IA on guitar. (He also appears on "Bees on Speed", IIRC)
Yeah, I'm a hopeless geek when it comes to anything FK or IA.....:lol: