maudlin of the Well

Ulf

Nov 29, 2001
Visit site
I've been reading through quite a few threads about Prog and Prog Metal, and I am amazed that there is very little or no mention of the great "maudlin of the Well." If you like HEAVY and PROGRESSIVE and DEATH METAL VOCALS and JAZZ and just about everything else at some point in time, you have to check them out. The way they combine styles of music is amazing. And ya know... they got a boat load of MP3's on MP3.com. Check 'em out!

Peace,
Ulf

Listening to the cd, "Bath" right now. I recently bought both of their two latest offerings. Definitely not for those with a short attention span, regardless, they are both great.

BTW - The growls are really good in my opinion (tremendous range).

This is really the most interesting and refreshing thing I have heard in a long time. I mean a 9 piece Progressive/Death/Jazz band... how could you go wrong?

What's a maudlin of the Well?
TA36PenquinCD6.jpg

Quite an amazing band, very inventive. Im in love with them (thier music at least :p )

tell them that they play jazz, blues and stuff and they'll tell you they don't.
i like them...

Iandork107,

It doesn't surprise me that you wouldn't be interested in them.
It's rare that you have anything good to say about any bands other than your elite three (Opeth, Porcupine Tree, Katatonia).

I've noticed that your very shallow when it comes to new and different music. How old are you? Maybe that would help to explain some things about your attitude.