Maybe Opeth will change its style

Originally posted by wach0052
Mikael has said repeatedly that he will never change his style drastically, because he hates it when bands do that. So, for better or worse, I'd say expect the small progressions they've been making from album to album all along.

right! i read an interview where mikael said that.

i don't know about the other members of opeth (no interviews found) but mikael said that he makes music for him. not for others.

It is true lots of bands changed their vocals styles like Katatonia, Anathema and Amorphis, but I guess it is no coincidence that I don't like the 'new versions' of any of these bands.

I'll listen Brave Murder Day or Dance of December Souls any day of the week over Discouraged Ones, or to Serenades over A Fine Day to Exit.

I just hope if Opeth were to leave the death vocals altogether, they wouldn't turn into alternative bands like the new Amorphis or Katatonia.

The only band whom I love after their change is Therion. I was never a fan of their death metal stuff, wheras their current musical direction gives them a unique edge.

But Opeth doesn't need that. They are already unique with the death vocals, so I don't see them changing.

Anything is possible though.

NP: Nevermore - Dreaming Neon Black