Opeth petition

electriceye

Metal Maiden
Oct 31, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
Visit site
Hello fello opethians..

I emailed management congratulating them on such a success for bringing out Opeth to Australia and to see if they are coming out for Damnation tour..

Here is his reply:

"Thanks keep plugging the band,we will see if we can tie it in with Japan at the end of the year"

so heres a thought maybe we should start some petition..what do u all think?

your thoughts appreciated,

cheers \m/

electriceye said:
Hello fello opethians..

I emailed management congratulating them on such a success for bringing out Opeth to Australia and to see if they are coming out for Damnation tour..

Here is his reply:

"Thanks keep plugging the band,we will see if we can tie it in with Japan at the end of the year"

so heres a thought maybe we should start some petition..what do u all think?

your thoughts appreciated,

cheers \m/

Great stuff man, I'll sign, but in all honestly I don't think we should worry much, they will come back no-doubt!
And hopefully Katatonia's management can get off their ass and send those boys out too!!!!

Reactions: Katatonic
Hey, that means that they'll be in Japan at the end of the year... I might still be in the area then... maybe.

Now Playing: Brave -- Searching for the Sun -- Bleed Into Me
/* random quote */
Sex is like air, it's not important unless you aren't getting any.

cool guys...well i have never started one b4 so not quite sure what to do..but i guess..just start a new post..asking all to leave their name and maybe what State they are from. We can also mention how a under18's show would be appreciated too?? Other bands have done it..eg. Strapping Young Lad is one that I know has done it and I think Edguy did it when they came here...and SYL has explicit lyrics etc..so it shouldnt be a problem.

I know the shows and crowd appreciation spoke for themselves but if we do as much as we can it cant hurt hey? That way we have shown them how eager we are to get them back here!! :hotjump:

I wish i was in Perth now :-(

Ill sign that :) And what the hell is with EV's in Croydon turning them down on a Wednesday night?? Its school holidays for fucks sake! Maybe im misinformed.... but ive read in a lot of places that they would have done EV's metalfest on Saturday night, except that they were in Adelaide... then when they offered a Wednesday show, the venue turned them down. Did i hear correctly?

Well, I'm definitely not going to rest on my laurels... and while Mikael reckoned that the Melbourne gig was in his top 5 list... and the Bris-Vegas gig I also went to without a doubt 'went-off', it's the management we have to convince as Mikael so eloquently pointed out at most if not all of the gigs. Management will be getting second-hand info, as for the majority they 'weren't there'...

I was going to start up a petition myself once I got back home... but I've fallen so far behind in my uni work that I'm up to my eyeballs and in catch-up mode.......

I'll look into starting something official (not halfarsed)to get the attention of MFN and the rest of the crew when I get the time... if soemthing hasn't already been set up.....

@Electriceye: Drop me a line when you have the chance and maybe we can figure something out...?

Spike

P.S. As kick-ass as the tour they jsut fnished was... for some reason I am much more excited by the idea of a damnation (and associated) tour........

I'd probably consider following them to all their Aussie shows if Porcupine Tree came with them... but if it was just Opeth, I'd probably just go to Melbourne/Sydney or Melbourne/Adelaide.

Either way, I have no doubts they'll come back down here.

Also, a while back me and two mates started a petition to get Dream Theater to tour Australia, and although it was unsuccessful, we got 5,000 signatures from almost zero promotion. If it was done right, an Opeth petition could work wonders.

5000 for Dream Theatre..wow thats pretty impressive! and just think Opeth have been here and KNOW they can get the crowds so they dont have to risk it so yeah i think we should do it.

Spike - I will definitely drop you a line in next day or two and lets def. try to work something out..I have a few ideas will let u know. No harm in trying hey?

I know people have done petitions b4 I remember this being done for Iron Maiden too and they never came :-( but I think they expected bigger venues eg. The Palace, Rod Laver Arena etc (and yes they deserve it!)

I wish Opeth played at the HIFI bar here..that would of been so much better.

DeafMetal - I never heard anything about EV's? I cant believe it was knocked back! thats a shame.

Holy shit Opeth were going to play EVs???!?!?!! I used to go there every week, since it's like 5 minutes from my house!!

Man, that would have fucking ruled. It wouldn't suprise me if it was the EVs management's fault that it fucked up... it's really gone to the shitter over the last year and a bit. After the second metalfest, which was fucking cool, it became a shithole.

Yeah it is definetly a shame... Id be interested to hear the full story, because ive read it in a lot of places. And its close to me too!! Would have been wicked... the way the concerts sold they would have had no trouble packing the place out for an all ages gig. I went to the Halloween metalfest last year.. I think that was the one with infernal method/alarum/dungeon so that one kicked major ass... but never been to a regular one.