Maybe tell us what was the best show you've been to this year?

Onder

Apr 10, 2006
Ciao boys.

The purpose of this thread is to reminisce about your attendance of music events in the past year.

This year I tried to attend more shows than usual, partly to connect with the scene a little, partly to have some time for myself, as wifey doesn't fancy too much noise. It's the uterus or something.

The best metal show I've seen was probably Tomb Mold, they were tight as fuck. I liked Corpsessed live as well. Malokarpatan was solid. Varathron was ok. I missed Profanatica, unfortunately.

There's one more show still, in a week or so, Spectral Voice. I might go.

The best concert of them all was not metal though, it was JACK Quartet playing Xenakis. What they did was tight as fuck and they are my boys. Really spectacular. No metal show can match that.

You go and make a fucking list if you're such an autist, this thread is yours to pervert.

Howgh.

Reactions: mutantllama
Also been trying to go the more shows recently as well. Been to a few shows this year, first time in awhile I've gone to shows. Saw Sleep on 4/20 and that was pretty fun even if their set felt a little short, Pentagram and Ogre was probably my favorite show of the year, both bands were incredible plus glad I was able to see two of my favorite bands in the same show. Saw Blood Incantation and Immolation in October, both bands were siiiiiick. Going to see Hessian and Ogre tonight, it's Ogre's release show for their new album.

Reactions: Onder
I was already looking at making a top 10 list of my shows in 2019 for this thread. I think Lucifungus was my favourite of the year, such a fun band with some of my favourite local bands supporting (two of which I've seen over 30 times each but am currently in the wrong city for). I also mentioned some of my favourite non-metal shows of the year in this thread.

I've been to 72 shows so far this year, about 40% of which were metal, pretty typical for me. I skipped a few due to being sick. My girlfriend went to at least half of them, plus quite a lot of (non-metal) shows without me as I've been temporarily living in a different city since June, so I've definitely found the one.

There's one more show we better go to on Friday (my first chance to see Piggery and @CiG should slap me if I miss them).

Reactions: CiG
Hessian killed it last night, Angus is a funny dude! Ogre killed it as expected(It was their 20th anniversary, those dudes I swear are some of the best overall musicians in the trad doom scene.

about 40% of which were metal, pretty typical for me.

Why?

As for me, probably Iron Maiden. The stage show was the best ive ever seen, and the rest was as good as ive ever seen them. King Diamond in second. Mortician kicked ass too. I know im forgetting about a few death metal shows, but this year was pretty good. I saw Tomb Mold a bunch and they were always solid, probably in my top 10-15 though.

It's close to the limit of how many metal shows in my city appeal to me. A handful of bands from overseas tour through such a remote country in any given month, but I'm fairly selective unless it's traditional/stoner/doom/drone metal. I go to see a lot of friends' bands but only some of them play metal.

Plus I really do listen to that much non-metal. I used to go to about 40% punk shows as well, but the good punk died off in Auckland and now that's more like 10%. I try different stuff instead, like a DIY club sorta rock venue in the city I grew up in while I'm here temporarily, or artists my girlfriend likes, or the weirdest possible gigs we can find just for amusement.

Definitely Iron Maiden in Atlanta. As others have said everything about it was flawless. The setlist, the performance, the theatrics, etc.