The Montreal show: Best show I've ever been too

Greenwater_Pond

Role model of males 18-49
I was completely blown away by Symphony X tonight....wow. I saw Dream Theater during the summer, and Opeth just over a month ago, and I'd have to say that this show was one of the best I've been too. The sound was incredible, every single member knew their shit and never hit a sour note all night including Russell Allen who did some amazing vocal work. The crowd was energized the whole time, yet not as violent and crazy as they were with Opeth. I can say the show's energy peaked at Evolution as I'm sure it does in other cities, and they had so much extra time they played 2 additional songs. The show got out really early at 10:30, but the weather was a damn blizzard (Seven Witches brought that down with that track winter :D ). Normally takes only 2 hours to get back to Ottawa, and here it is 2:45, nearly 4 and a half hours later and I'm home. Still, it was worth the trip to see the entire band shred the shit out of every track they played, and their improvisational stuff was great too, they played the Imperial march from star wars, and had many trade off solos between the guitars, bass, and keyboards. An enjoyable evening, and the Merch prices were so good I grabbed 2 shirts and a hat as well for just $70 CDN. My opeth shirt alone was $50! I certainly hope they're back again over the summer as I will make the trip again for sure. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

who else attended this show btw? I was standing right in front of Romeo and I got the set list for Seven Witches as well when a few other guys were gonna toss it out. I was into both bands even though I wouldn't buy a seven witches album, that style of metal certainly kicks ass live.

Nice review, are you going to the Toronto show tonight?

Im super psyched for tonight!, finally get to see them after missing the show with BG in november. So, how much are T-Shirts priced individually?

The two extra songs were Awakenings and Of Sins and Shadows.

Romeo is a god.

Best show ever.

The end. :)

I don't think those two songs were 'extra'. I mean they played the exact same set list in every fuckin city. . . how are they extra?
Also, why the heck was Travellin' War there? I can somewhat understand Seven Witched but Travellin War? I mean pirates are not metal, neither are army soldiers. . .

I have to say that Montreal completely rocks. :) Thanks to everyone else in that crowd, because I absolutely loved being a part of it. It was a very special experience!

You could tell the band was really feeding off of that energy as well, and they were thrilled. And of course the show was beyond amazing. Definitely one of the best shows I have ever seen.