Mayhem Festival '09

Tater Tot

New Metal Member
Jul 11, 2009
Hicktown, Ohio
www.myspace.com
Alright, I'm not sure how many of you have heard of or are attending this event, but me and a group of friends heard Slayer and Cannibal Corpse (my 2 favorite bands of all time!) are going to be performing there and got tickets right off the bat. I mean, come on! 2 Metal super powers in one night!:kickass: Then came more good news:
Job For A Cowboy, Behemoth, The Black Dahlia, and Whitechapel! Sounds like one hell of a fuckin' show right!? Well then I looked up the complete Roster and I can't help but think 'What the fuck!?'
Other lesser bands such as Killswitch Engage, Marilyn Manson, All That Remains and Bullet For my Valentine??? Why are theese bands at the same event? None of them are horrible by any means, but... They really don't fit the bill. I'm now starting to question just how Metal this event is...
But fuck it, I get to see Slayer!!!!!! In other good news:
Mushroomhead will be replacing BFMV on July 31st, which is the day I'm going. Seeing how Jagermeifter will be Co-sponsoring the event, I'm fully prepared to nice and fuckered up before, during and after the pit,:puke: break some bones and get some free stuff. This will be the biggest event I've ever attended. The only other major concert I've been to was to see Devildriver at the Alrosa. It was thier first show there since the untimely death of Dimebag Darrell. Anyone else going?

Alright, I'm not sure how many of you have heard of or are attending this event, but me and a group of friends heard Slayer and Cannibal Corpse (my 2 favorite bands of all time!) are going to be performing there and got tickets right off the bat. I mean, come on! 2 Metal super powers in one night!:kickass: Then came more good news:
Job For A Cowboy, Behemoth, The Black Dahlia, and Whitechapel! Sounds like one hell of a fuckin' show right!? Well then I looked up the complete Roster and I can't help but think 'What the fuck!?'
Other lesser bands such as Killswitch Engage, Marilyn Manson, All That Remains and Bullet For my Valentine??? Why are theese bands at the same event? None of them are horrible by any means, but... They really don't fit the bill. I'm now starting to question just how Metal this event is...
But fuck it, I get to see Slayer!!!!!! In other good news:
Mushroomhead will be replacing BFMV on July 31st, which is the day I'm going. Seeing how Jagermeifter will be Co-sponsoring the event, I'm fully prepared to nice and fuckered up before, during and after the pit,:puke: break some bones and get some free stuff. This will be the biggest event I've ever attended. The only other major concert I've been to was to see Devildriver at the Alrosa. It was thier first show there since the untimely death of Dimebag Darrell. Anyone else going?

rivetingtalechap.jpg

gayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgayshitgaysh

I just got back from the show in Seattle. Behemoth was fucking sick, super tight and they played a new song which sounded great. The main stage was pretty bad except for Slayer.

I skipped this show.
Love Slayer, Behemoth, Cannibal Corpse... the other bands are crap. Frankly didn't feel it was worth sitting through the rubbish outside in the heat for a few good bands I've already seen.

i stopped reading when you said that cannibal corpse is one of your favorite bands of all time :lol:
What's wrong with Cannibal Corpse? Fuckin' love those guys...

I skipped this show.
Love Slayer, Behemoth, Cannibal Corpse... the other bands are crap. Frankly didn't feel it was worth sitting through the rubbish outside in the heat for a few good bands I've already seen.

Eh... You might have a point there. But fuck it, my first time out and I get to see 'em all in one night. If there's no good bands playing at any point in the event on one stage or the other there'll be other shit to get into.

Mayhem tour is just another metalcore tour with a few token REAL extreme metal bands thrown in to attract the non hot topic buying teenage fans who think Kill Switch Engage or Lamb Of God are the hardest thing going. I can't stand metalcore and hate about 80% of the stuff labled as deathcore. I digress a little bit though because I have come across some quality deathcore. Like Molotov Solution, Winds Of Plague, Sown In Tears and Burning The Masses.

I would pay $50 bucks just to see Slayer, but not worth due to the other fucked-up bands.

slayer can sell-out any show, why have a yearly tour with Marilyn Manson that's just fucked.

I went! Oh my gosh, it was great! It was totally worth sitting through all the metalcore to see my favorite band ever- Slayer!!

I'm going on Friday and only cuz my friend got free tickets...I'm really excited for -

Behemoth
Slayer
The Black Dahlia Murder
Cannibal Corpse

Can live with watching -
Killswitch Engage
God Forbid

Don't want to see -
Bullet for My valentine (YUCK)
Trivium ( blah)
Marilyn Manson (ew)
Job for a Cowboy(not my style at all)
White Chapel (Same as above)
All That Remains ( boring to me )

I'm going on Friday and only cuz my friend got free tickets...I'm really excited for -

Behemoth
Slayer
The Black Dahlia Murder
Cannibal Corpse

Can live with watching -
Killswitch Engage
God Forbid

Don't want to see -
Bullet for My valentine (YUCK)
Trivium ( blah)
Marilyn Manson (ew)
Job for a Cowboy(not my style at all)
White Chapel (Same as above)
All That Remains ( boring to me )

JFAC was pretty decent live, I have to admit

Mayhem tour is just another metalcore tour with a few token REAL extreme metal bands thrown in to attract the non hot topic buying teenage fans who think Kill Switch Engage or Lamb Of God are the hardest thing going. I can't stand metalcore and hate about 80% of the stuff labled as deathcore. I digress a little bit though because I have come across some quality deathcore. Like Molotov Solution, Winds Of Plague, Sown In Tears and Burning The Masses.

I actually like KSE
But by no means do I think their the hardest thing going