Measuring time using Opeth songs

shivering corpse

Ty Cobbb
Sep 20, 2002
smileville
www.geocities.com
I do it all the time, and I realized how very odd it is.
I was sitting in class today, was quite bored, because it was dull.
There was 20 minutes left in class, so I think to meself "just have a black rose immortal left"
when there are ten minutes until something I think "one drapery falls..."
I also have thought this when running late for something
If I see that something begins in around 15 minutes, I think "Well shit, there's just a little bit over an Advent or Deliverance!"

:lol:

I judge my time on the bus by albums (which is typically Opeth anyway) - so if I can finish Deliverance on the way across town, I know how long the trek is. I can get most places and back within 2 1/2 plays of Deliverance. (lame)

I'll go one better... I often go for a run after I get home from work.... and not only do I time my runs by song length (and a watch if I'm bored) I also pace myself by the tempo of a song..... Usually Opeth! :D (Though I have found that Lacuna Coils Comalies works best for me at the moment)

And I do all the other usual timing stuff too.......

thats funny, i cant say i do that exactly, in long car rides i estimate the time of travel and play the right cd accordingly...which is usually on my usual trip to school and back...lateralus and deliverance up to song 5 haha..to be specific

thats funny, i cant say i do that exactly, in long car rides i estimate the time of travel and play the right cd accordingly...which is usually on my usual trip to school and back...lateralus and deliverance up to song 5 haha..to be specific

Nothing wrong with that. I know that my way to school (when it's snow and winter) is about one "Wreath" and "Deliverance" while walking to school in summer is exactly the "Haven" album :D