Mechanix or The Four Horsemen

.....No.

You all seem to hate Kirk too much. He writes some amazing lead lines and riffs. Stuff that you guys couldnt. It seems a load of you are bitter he replaced Dave, and we were not even born when it happened so you cant be bitter. It's like the people who say they miss Cliff when they didnt even know who he was. But that happens much worse with Dimebag to be fair. I remember an interview in Metal Hammer with Phil like a week or two before Dime got killed saying he deserves to be servearly beaten or something close to that, ill dig the zine out sometime.

But i love Dave and Megadeth A LOT, but its a shame there hasnt been one good Megadeth album since Countdown. A lot of you are Megadeth fan bois so wont agree with me there. But it is very true. You can say the same about Metallica as a thrash fan, until like AJFA or The Black Album (as it has some amazing songs and actually a few fast songs that would sound perfect on AJFA... i bet most people that slag this off loads havent even heard it all). But after that they ended up a bit... southern groove, but hey, i enjoy that style of music anyway so i cant complain there.

Arguing about whos better and being personal over it is stupid because none of you are right. Its an opinion. Fine you're allowed to voice you're opinion but dont get any bitter feelings over them guys. Slag me off instead, i hate Testament and most thrash.

totally agree with you on that especially the bit about load an reload

.....No.

You all seem to hate Kirk too much. He writes some amazing lead lines and riffs. Stuff that you guys couldnt. It seems a load of you are bitter he replaced Dave, and we were not even born when it happened so you cant be bitter. It's like the people who say they miss Cliff when they didnt even know who he was. But that happens much worse with Dimebag to be fair. I remember an interview in Metal Hammer with Phil like a week or two before Dime got killed saying he deserves to be servearly beaten or something close to that, ill dig the zine out sometime.

But i love Dave and Megadeth A LOT, but its a shame there hasnt been one good Megadeth album since Countdown. A lot of you are Megadeth fan bois so wont agree with me there. But it is very true. You can say the same about Metallica as a thrash fan, until like AJFA or The Black Album (as it has some amazing songs and actually a few fast songs that would sound perfect on AJFA... i bet most people that slag this off loads havent even heard it all). But after that they ended up a bit... southern groove, but hey, i enjoy that style of music anyway so i cant complain there.

Arguing about whos better and being personal over it is stupid because none of you are right. Its an opinion. Fine you're allowed to voice you're opinion but dont get any bitter feelings over them guys. Slag me off instead, i hate Testament and most thrash.

Megadeths worst albums > Metallicas worst albums

I find Metallica fans are usually the more closed minded. "MASTUR POPPETS BEST ALBUM EVARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR"

but its a shame there hasnt been one good Megadeth album since Countdown

Except for Youthanasia, Cryptic Writings, The System has Failed and United Abominations :rolleyes:. (I like Risk but most people don't, TWNAH is gash except for Dread)

But as I've said many times before... Don't get me wrong the first four Metallica albums are brilliant, it's just a shame they decided to keep going afterwards. :lol:

Shit. Its all this arguing MY fault?

My opinion, Mustaine > Hammett, for the sole reason of Kirk's overuse of the wah-pedal. Other than that, I love both.

See this is how you start an argument thread. :p

Make of it what you will.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just wonder why you're all talking about Kirk vs. Dave when there's a thousand guitarists out there. Plus its the most argued metal topic on the internet, I'm sure. Please just let it go.

Kirk Hammet really isnt that great. This is why people with Metallica as their name, avatar and signature shouldn't be allowed to participate in threads like this, they're blind to reason.

CHop off Kirk Hammet's feet so he can't use a wah pedal, then see what his solos sound like. They're bog standard and boring, even the ones on Kill 'Em All - including the solos Dave wrote - are ruined because of Kikr and his boring, sloppy style.

I don't need to sya much here, Greg will be the one to fil lyou in on the facts.

Well, One, the Unforgiven, Creeping Death, and Master of Pupptes were damn good solos, and there's no wah whatsoever. They weren't "Dave's Solos" either.

No, you asked what his solos would sound like without a wah, and I said that they sound pretty badass. Dime used a wah a helluva lot and I don't see people going at him for it.