Msic That Sounds Like Other Music Mk.2

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW21hVX-qno&feature=share[/ame]

maybe I did not chose the right song but the vocals sound very the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ihsahn clearly took this riff... (which starts at 00:35)

...and then did this riff...

Okay. I'm not saying Cannibal's riff is a straight rip off because they're really not that similar at all...

BUT, that intro riff DOES have almost an identical rhythm to this,

...just played slightly different/'death metalled' up.

Could just be coincidence, or it could be Cannibal paying homage to a fellow band from NY.

Or, it could just be me hearing things :lol:

yeah the beginning riff sounds similar to that of 44 Caliber brain Surgery but the rest of Cannibal Corpses song sounds more like Slayer esp. Raining Blood.
Also I think if one band has strong influences of Demolition Hammer then it's Monstrosity on Imperial Doom.

Also if you take the first look on the inlay cover you can see Lee Harrison with a Demolition Hammer shirt - I think that says all:

MonstrosityImperialDoomEra.png

that's a different picture than on the Cd actually but it's bigger.

Here's a very, very famous example within video games;

Kenji Yamamoto literally lost his job over this shit a few years ago, after doing the music for Dragon Ball video games (and recently, Dragon Ball Kai) for nearly 20 years.

I can hear similarities with both, for sure man. That Heathen intro is damn funky, I love it!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pretty sure even the casual Carcass fan will have noticed this, but I don't think it's been pointed out yet...

The intro to Slash Dementia is slightly longer of course, but apart from that (and the obvious difference in production) they're pretty much identical.

Gave this a listen after Dave mentioned them in another thread, when I heard this I automatically thought 'Alice In Hell' ...

Compared them both and they are a little different... but I can definitely hear it!

I hear the slight Kill The King influence in the intro to that Soilwork song too. But I have to admit, I couldn't get through the whole thing - I don't like Soilwork! ...singer sounds like the guy from Killswitch Engage.

Admittedly, the intro was the only similarity. As for my preference, I dig some Soilwork songs. Personally see them as the one mainstream Melodeath band people should know other than some bands. But I totally get the KE comparison.

This is an obvious one. So much so I'm not going to insult any of you by telling you what it sounds like...just wait for it :loco: