Media Player album info

Hey guys,

I'm going to be releasing an instrumental disc in a couple months, and would like for the album info (titles and a album cover graphic) to automatically be downloaded by media clients like Windows Media Player, etc.

How do I go about uploading the information to the online sources that provide the info to the media playing software?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Noumenon said:
put the cd into the computer and play it, then in something like winamp it'll search for it, if not found you can enter the info yourself

I understand that I can manually enter the album information, but what I want to do is upload that information and graphic to the services that provide this information. In other words, I'll do it once and then anybody that puts the disc in their computer will have that info automatically downloaded.

Noumenon said:
that's what I'm saying. when you've entered the info you submit it.

O.K., I'm a dummy, and I'm O.K. with that. When you have a moment, would you mind giving me a step-by-step? I know how to set the song info, but don't know how to associate a graphic and then send the information to the online album info sites.

Bob Savage said:
O.K., thanks, I'll checkout Winamp, I couldn't find anything like that in Windows Media Player.
iTunes (available free for Windows at www.apple.com) is has the choice under the Advanced menu to "Submit CD Track Names" the info you enter if it doesn't show up after it searches. your submission registers with the Gracenot CDDB Service.. the Online Compact Disc Data Base, the same data base that WMP and Winamp use to find CD info.

James Murphy said:
iTunes (available free for Windows at www.apple.com) is has the choice under the Advanced menu to "Submit CD Track Names" the info you enter if it doesn't show up after it searches. your submission registers with the Gracenot CDDB Service.. the Online Compact Disc Data Base, the same data base that WMP and Winamp use to find CD info.

Gracenotes is cool, the sepia dreamer album is on there :headbang: