Media Players

Caecius

Doomed Traveler
Sep 30, 2007
Colorado
So I was wondering what you guys use to play music and/or videos. I currently use Windows Media Player. I've used

Realplayer
Rhapsody
Winamp
MusicMatch Jukebox

You guys have any suggestions or recommendations for a good one?

I use the Zune MP mainly (since I own a Zune). It's not awesome or anything but it tracks my plays to some degree so w/e.

I was using Winamp back in the day, never had any problems with it. Still use WMP for video.

Edit: iTunes is shit :D

Winamp for everything minus the occasional video it chokes on, in which case I use Media Player Classic. iTunes for managing my iPod.

I don't care if people flame iTunes.

Good, then let me reiterate how horrendously laggy and clumsy it is (at least on Windows computers), how it takes up way too much hard drive space, runs all this memory-hogging shit in the background even when you're not using it, and requires you to have the equally bloated Quicktime player on your computer at the same time. God, what a pile of shit.

I only use it because of my iPod, and because the alternate iPod software out there seems to be really buggy and/or a pain in the ass to use.

I use Windows Media Player, and people seriously need to stop bitching about it. I suspect that a lot of people who complain about it haven't used it since version 5 or something when it was legitimately horrible. I use WMP over Winamp because I don't like the Winamp interface.

I haven't kept up with WMP, but I like the tightness of the Winamp interface. Very little wasted space.

I use Itunes because I have all my music on it, and I'm too lazy to convert the files so it can play on Winamp. Also, now I have an Ipod, so Itunes is easier for me to use.

I use windows media player, but it crashes alot when i start it up. Probably my computer being shit, but still

Also Winamp is incredibly light on resources considering what it can do with plugins etc.

Here's a screenshot of my Winamp setup, actual size. Remember, if that looks too big, every panel can be resized.

winamp1jl2.jpg

itunes is better than other players i have used. winamp sucks compared to it.

i like that it keeps track of the number and dates of your listening habits.